Case Study???

Afternoon all,
I have passed my theory tests but ive just booked with ritchies for the lgv driving and they have informed me of case studies, i think i missed that as i had no idea of what it entails any help would be appreciated?

I have booked my case study for the week before im due to start my training and paid the deposit with Ritchies too so no pressure :confused: :confused:

I dont want to be put out of my training with the bookings and holiday off work etc so passing is a MUST!!

Hello mate.

I did mine earlier this year. Don’t worry about it. The case studies are almost the same as the multiple choice theory just set out differently by giving you scenarios in the trucking world. All I used was my theory book and studied it well and passed with no issues. As long as you are confident in the theory, you’ll be fine. Just read the questions/scenarios carefully and pick the answers. Some of them are very obvious such as safety related etc. You’ll find loads of info on here too. Good luck.

pass car test before 97 ?

If yes then no mod 2 + 4 needed as can opt to do 35 hours periodic cpc

If no then need mod 2 theory test and mod 4 practical test to get first DQC

Links for mods 2 + 4 are in my signature below

I have booked my case study for the week before im due to start my training and paid the deposit with Ritchies too so no pressure :confused: :confused:

I dont want to be put out of my training with the bookings and holiday off work etc so passing is a MUST!!

You’ll be able to complete your driver training and test regardless of the outcome of the case studies - so perhaps not quite as much pressure as you thought. But, just to pile it back on, you cant drive professionally until you’ve completed your cpc.

I suggest you contact Richies and ask them what assistance they offer for Mod 2. It’s a good set up so I’m sure they’ll have something in place to help you.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks peeps really a great help :smiley:

I knew i couldn’t drive until I have got the CPC so that’s not a major thing yet its getting over the test now,
The way Ritchies made out in the invoice is that i couldn’t do the test until ive done both theory and case studies but if its nothing to worry about then thats brilliant and hopefully alot off my mind :confused:
ill give them a phone on monday and will have to get my head back in the theory books then, the practice test i lacked a bit on drivers hours and a few thing im not used to with just driving or cycling (dont worry i respect other road users, obey the rules of the road and certainly wont pass up the dreaded inside of any vehicle)

One more thing, Being a lurker on here thanks for all your recommendations of Ritchies, it was you all that made me wait and make sure i go with the right and better reputable company :slight_smile:
Have a good weekend all :slight_smile:

I got a PC CD-ROM of case study examples from Ritchie’s. It was a great help and I breezed through the module 2 case studies last Friday.

I’m going to using Ritchies for my training but it will probably be a few weeks away yet or maybe even after New Year as I’m waiting to hear about funding.