A420 Kingston Bagpuize Bypass

A heads up that some div in a 4x4 and Ifor Williams trailer thought it would be clever to scatter bricks on the Oxford bound side this morning, and reports are they’re still there.
I went past just after it happened, saw said div trying to get a net out of his vehicle to cover what was left of the load before Plod got there. He didn’t succeed. :laughing:
The moron had a pallet of blocks on the dropside trailer, not banded together. Would it not’ve been easier if he couldn’t restrain the load, to stack the bricks below the dropsides, or is that too sensible?

Muckaway:
A heads up that some div in a 4x4 and Ifor Williams trailer thought it would be clever to scatter bricks on the Oxford bound side this morning, and reports are they’re still there.
I went past just after it happened, saw said div trying to get a net out of his vehicle to cover what was left of the load before Plod got there. He didn’t succeed. :laughing:
The moron had a pallet of blocks on the dropside trailer, not banded together. Would it not’ve been easier if he couldn’t restrain the load, to stack the bricks below the dropsides, or is that too sensible?

Farmer type chancing his luck…?!

:grimacing:

Most likely, if it’s like a lost load of bales I saw a couple of years ago, farmer will stand there and wave hands, plead poverty and lecture PC plod about “the ways of the country.” :laughing:

Hopefully big fine .

Maybe there should be a separate licence that if your using vans , boxed / drop side you have a certificate that you know how to secure loads.
I’ve always said anyone that tows a trailer or caravan should be tested with loading etc included .

el_presidente:

1st time this year .

Wonder how many times it’ll pop up this year :unamused:

nick2008:

el_presidente:

1st time this year .

Wonder how many times it’ll pop up this year :unamused:

Do you really…? :unamused:

I’ve actually loaded a flatbed, clapped out Bedford TL with ballast before and the driver tried to tie it on. I think it worked, until he cornered.