A350 Warminster - Poole

What’s the best way to get from Warminster to Poole? Signs in Shaftesbury says go thru Melbury Abbas, but f**k me, it’s narrow down there. Continuing on a350 thru Cann always gets me in trouble, as I meet another artic on those blind corners. Any advice from more experienced? Cheers.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N910F przy użyciu Tapatalka

What height you running at ?
Either go on along A303 to Yeovil and go down to Dorchester on A37 then A35
or continue on A36 through Salisbury 14ft bridge at Wilton then A338

Go through Melbury Abbas going down and if you’re coming back up do the A350 that I believe is the rule of thumb allegedly, Melbury Abbas is a little bit tight but the rest of the road is easy.

14ft8, so best way would be all the way round thru Yeovil then.

seeeebek:
14ft8, so best way would be all the way round thru Yeovil then.

Hell of a long way down !!

It’s been covered on here before; basically the current system is a half-arsed attempt by the authorities to send HGV traffic southbound via Melbury Abbas and northbound via the A350.

What it doesn’t take into account is firstly drivers who ignore the routing (though to be fair it ain’t compulsory) and local delivery drivers who aren’t going to go all the way up to go down again. Result is the inevitable log-jam in Melbury Abbas, and some (perhaps sometimes justifiably) ■■■■■■ off locals.

Easy solution; make it a compulsory one way system both ways, let’s see how much the locals whine then! :grimacing:

down to A303 turn left towards Andover then right onto A338 and your away

mattecube:

with network rail :wink: 13ft something bridge just to north of Salisbury
A345 or A360 only ones that have no height restriction on southbound to Salisbury :wink:

blue estate:

mattecube:

A345 or A360 only ones that have no height restriction on southbound to Salisbury :wink:

And they’re shorter coming from the west anyway. A338 is a dreadful bit of road, horribly windy; no reason to use it unless you’re coming from Marlborough or Hungerford. Take the A360 as it avoids most of the Stonehenge queues.

IndigoJo:

blue estate:

mattecube:

And they’re shorter coming from the west anyway. A338 is a dreadful bit of road, horribly windy; no reason to use it unless you’re coming from Marlborough or Hungerford. Take the A360 as it avoids most of the Stonehenge queues.

yes 360 apolls thats the one I meant lol