Route help please

Looking for a little help please.
Got to do a collection at Chippenham & deliver down to Portland ( Weymouth to me & you )
Very rarely go that way so a bit unsure .
Our friend mr Google says
A350 to Blandford then A354 into Weymouth but for some reason I have a feeling some parts of A350 / A354 are not HGV friendly, I might be wrong , could somebody confirm this or put the doubt in my head firmly to bed .
Thanks in advance

Robroy had a thread on it recently, before Blandford the A350 is a bit tight in places and twisty. There is a southbound alternative from Shaftesbury via Melbury Abbas (AFAIK)but I’ve not used it for 20 odd years.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … &p=2841087

Happy Trucker1:
Got to do a collection at Chippenham & deliver down to Portland ( Weymouth to me & you )
A350 to Blandford then A354 into Weymouth but for some reason I have a feeling some parts of A350 / A354 are not HGV friendly, I might be wrong , could somebody confirm this or put the doubt in my head firmly to bed .
Thanks in advance

If it was me I’d go A350 onto A303 and then A37 into Weymouth

Uncleskid:

Happy Trucker1:
Thanks in advance

Ditto , once past Yeovil the A37 ain’t to bad and some good lay bys for stopping for a break in as well

Ps what height you running at ?

Uncleskid:

Happy Trucker1:
Thanks in advance

I would agree with that, Going A303 and down around Yeovill is the easier route. A350 is a lovely run though, at this time of the year, but the hedges won’t yet be cut, so yes, it’s a bit tight in places.

But, you’ve not told us what truck your driving, and what weight you’ll be running at.

Uncleskid:

Happy Trucker1:
Thanks in advance

Paid by the hour and obviously not paying for the Derv
Have roads got narrow and are lorries wider nowadays ?

26t running at 14 ,6