A Series ERF BRS North Western

My old man is 65 in a few weeks, so i am looking for a picture for his birthday cake as they`ll print em onto it in sainsburys.

The pic i am after if any of the T/NET faithfull have one they could post or e-mail to me is the

A series ERF in BRS North Western colours

i can`t find one anywhere but i have faith in you lot on here to turn something up :wink:

Cheers

here ya go nian, hope its OK for you. got pic from mate Trev Stringer so you can say thanks to him for it.

MANY MANY THANKS to Trev Stringer for the pic & to you truckerash for sorting it out on here for me.

I couldnt of wished for a better pic as that would of been one of our Wrexham motors i am sure, as its got a load of beer on out of Wrexham Lager, ill have a word with one of the old hands to see if they can shed any light on the reg No

Once again many thanks to the both of you

Cheers

Here`s the pic on the cake all for Ā£8.99 from sainsburys, bargain as it made the old man smile for once :laughing:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nice one, bet you didnā€™t want to cut into it. But I hope you did.

nianiamh:
I could`nt of wished for a better pic as that would of been one of our Wrexham motors i am sure,

Yep, according to kingkong.demon.co.uk/where/gb.htm (where you can trace the origin of a registration from the 2nd and 3rd letters of the number plateā€¦)

DM - Deeside-Shrewsbury: Shrewsbury

Happy Birthday to the old fella!

excellent.

i wish i had a yardleys pic for my dad.

Harry Monk:
Happy Birthday to the old fella!

Yes, second that, poor old sod, must be awful to be 65 (Iā€™ll find out just how awful in December :unamused: :laughing: ).
Brilliant picture though and brilliant cake treatment.

nianiamh:
I couldnt of wished for a better pic as that would of been one of our Wrexham motors i am sure, as its got a load of beer on out of Wrexham Lager, ill have a word with one of the old hands to see if they can shed any light on the reg No

I canā€™t give you any kind of answer on the Reg No, but I do recall that BRS also had a depot at Queensferry, Deeside. That depot also did self-drive vehicle hire and had its own garage. IIRC, the hire manager was Phil Rodman and the whole depot closed in the early '80s. From the pic, Iā€™d say it would be hard to tell whether it was taken at the Deeside or Wrexham depot, as there arenā€™t any landmarks that I can recognise. Definitely a job for the old hands.

Please wish the ā€œold manā€ many happy returns.

Thanks for that dieseldave

It was a Queensferry depot motor to start with, but some of the old hands at our place say it came over to wrexham depot
had a nice repaint and was then one of the first motors to work for Continental Can.
There`s a few of the old boys recon it was there motor, then some say it was never at Wrexham depot.
The load behind it is beer from Wrexham Larger for export due to the shape of the kegs, that they all agree on :unamused:
The fleet No. is hard to make out, but if it is CK which it well looks like then it would of been at Wrexham depot.

hapy returns to the old man mate. think the number on there is ck 27? def ck though.