A new Truckstop

ULCEBY TRUCKSTOP

At long last the truckstop at Immingham has opened. On the site of the old BP truckstop.
Went in there the other day, and was very impressed.

First, the parking area, fully concreted with what looks like good drainage, no lines for paking painted though, which IMO could cause problems.
The Building is very impressive, you walk in from the parking area, and the initial imression is you’re going into a supermarket, must be 30ft of fridges and 3 or 4 double sided shelfs, very well stocked with foodstuffs and beer.
The restaurant area, large servery with a till, from where you can buy cigarettes as well, nice looking menu and friendly staff.
Seating is of four seater square tables and good looking sturdy chairs. Room for about 50-60.

Also there is a pool table, plasma TV and a bandit.

Prices:

Parking(with shower) Large vehicle £12 W/E with shower £20
Small vehicle £8 £14
Daily parking free up to 4 hours then L/Veh £4, S/Veh £2

Vehicle wash, Car £5, small HGV £15, Large HGV £20

Shower, £2, towel hire £1

Laundry, Washer £1.50, washing powder £0.35, Drier £1

Four(i think) fuel pumps, accessable from the pump side with out having to queue to pay at the servery, cigarettes also available here.

Overall, I was very impressed with the whole place, there are plans to build on a bar, but only if the place takes off properly.
There has been huge investment in this place, now it’s down to us to support them with our custom.

hurray something other than the dock to look at
mind you the other cafe near there is ok cant remember the name though

Thought i see it open when i drove past on my way to catch the esbjerg boat wednesday, tho didn’t fancy turning round to check, anyone know if its open all weekend or not? gota be better than sitting in the free one all weekend
sdj

Im not a person who profises in marketing but rather than a sign that says now open maybe they should let their customers know what it is as its big enough on that fence to let them know.

I will probably be up that way soon maybe i could tell them that this site is for drivers by drivers and as such they could pay to advertise it on here eh? or of course let other sites of the same nature know they have opened for free as they support drivers .

jammymutt I thought you were talking about the Lorry Drivers Forum…■■ :laughing:

jammymutt:
Im not a person who profises in marketing but rather than a sign that says now open maybe they should let their customers know what it is as its big enough on that fence to let them know.

I will probably be up that way soon maybe i could tell them that this site is for drivers by drivers and as such they could pay to advertise it on here eh? or of course let other sites of the same nature know they have opened for free as they support drivers .

I put it on here as aTruck driving member of the site, to let other drivers know of it’s existence.
I have no connection with the truckstop in any way shape or form.
Any further advertising of the stop will have to be done by the truckstop owners, and with the permission of the Directors of this website, and perhaps cross their palms with silver, preferably lots of it.

been working out of immingham all week they now have a sign up saying now open.

called in for fuel on tuesday but make sure you get the right pump as i was filling up i noticed the pump next to mine was gas oil.

every night & morning when i’ve passed theirs only been a few trucks been parked up i guess its a bit steep at £12 a night when theirs so many places in immingham to park up for nothing.

I gave it a go and had a night out there Monday.
As said above, £12 parking with a free shower, (loads of room in there). Had gammon peas and chips for tea, it was all cooked to order, not re-heated rubbish, but here is the problem, when you pay the £12 to park, you dont get any money off your meal :angry:
With the drink i had (milk, dont drink tea or coffee, sorry Neil!) it came to just over £20 to stop there, thats why i guess at around 8pm there were only around 3 trucks overnighting there!
The bloke in the yard who takes your reg number down did tell me how to stop the night for free though, so may use it again. :smiley: :wink:

The actual building is very nice and the people seem friendly enough, they just need to get their prices sorted out or it will soon be closing again.

south mimms is 20 quid with a free meal/shower and somthing else according to sign as you enter the truckpark still a ripoff