8wheels

Is this you old jalopy, fella ■■

thisislocallondon.co.uk/news … two_hours/

Sorry but that is totally unacceptable for the driver to hit 4 bridges within 2 hours and get away with out any ■■■■ from the old bill. If he didn’t have a measure he should of bought one.

That should make it into guiness book of world records :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Agency driver?

I’ve been away this week, but not moonlighting though!

Not my old one either.

Can’t believe that he is getting away with it, maybe if he’d got in a muddle with no damage on one bridge but surely you’d be ultra careful from then on. ■■■■■■■ bell end tool should have his licence removed if he had one.

The embarassment should be punishment enough

:open_mouth: really ?

did it not occur to him to fold the dipper in to get it a bit lower :unamused:

Obviously an earthquake in the area which caused the bridges to drop a few inches, how was the driver meant to know that they had dropped?

frankybaby:
The embarassment should be punishment enough

I’m understanding about this sort of thing to a point as we all make mistakes, but to do it again after a couple of hours??! No sorry but that is not on, that is a driver who doesn’t care and think about what he’s doing and in this game that can be costy.

I find it incredible that the police sent him on his way after hitting the bridge in Surbiton, it must have been over height at that point! But that’s no excuse for the driver being a plonker!

pavaroti:
Agency driver?

As far as I’m concerned it’s practically the law to blame the agency drivers for everything. :smiley:

Look at the name on the lorry door; Shannon Plant. Paddy firm that probably think a tipper’s underloaded unless there’s stuff falling off the side.

I thought it was Jeremy Clarkson in his “motorhome” :stuck_out_tongue:

8wheels:
I’ve been away this week, but not moonlighting though!

Not my old one either.

Can’t believe that he is getting away with it, maybe if he’d got in a muddle with no damage on one bridge but surely you’d be ultra careful from then on. [zb] bell end tool should have his licence removed if he had one.

It looks like he could have curled his dipper arm and bucket up more and lowered the top arm. Couldn’t he?

Even taking the bucket off would have probably saved his skin. I can understand why he positioned the machine where it is for the weight.

Muckaway:
Look at the name on the lorry door; Shannon Plant. Paddy firm that probably think a tipper’s underloaded unless there’s stuff falling off the side.

Here is another Shannon, she may need greedy boards too, just to hold her chest in :stuck_out_tongue:

Shannon Engemann

what a prat :unamused: the firm i work for also run three plant lorries almost identical to that , we allways curl the dipper arm and stick it through the gap between the ramps ! the cab is the highest point then :blush:

Least no-one got hurt. Few years ago some pillock did that on the A606 at Tollerton, just outside Nottingham; the boom hit the bridge, swung round and took the side out of a Barton’s bus, ISTR a couple of passengers were killed.

i drove past this ■■■■■ when he was at Surbiton. He was just under the bridge but had stopped before hitting the first main girder. The police car was two wpc’s, who screched up to the bridge like they were in the blues brothers! Wpc’s need I say more?

theonlybigman:
i drove past this ■■■■■ when he was at Surbiton. He was just under the bridge but had stopped before hitting the first main girder. The police car was two wpc’s, who screched up to the bridge like they were in the blues brothers! Wpc’s need I say more?

There is something about women and measurement, yes love, 6’’ :laughing: