24v Droppers!

I have just got my shiny new PDA based sat nav! Goes out Sunday to try it out for the first time - very happy chappy given keys to ‘virgin’ 05 plate merc and 2 drops in leeds! Gets in and goes for the plug and its 24 volts arrrrgghhh!

Any ways after going back to traditional methods (maps!! :confused: ) I goes out this morning to get a dropper and all I can find is these massive block things!

So my question to you guys is where can I get a plug in dropper for my sat nav?

Answers on a post card to the usual address! :slight_smile:
Thanks guys!

P.S. I’ve been to lymm already and the only plug in ones they sell are not suitable for PDA’s

Ask the people who supplied it for a 12/24 volt power lead.
Mobile phones all work on them - don’t see why GPS shouldn’t.

Try this link http://www.roadpro.co.uk/products.asp?LID=590 or failing that you can normally pick them up at some MSA’ s, I got mine from South Mimms, mind you that was about 8 years ago!!!

If you have an Actros there should be a 12volt supply too! The dropper are around in a lot of MSAs and don’t cost much though.

You sure it doesn’t work on 24V too? Mine does.

Thanks guys it looks like the roadpro webpage has got what I need but as suggested i’m going to try ringing the web site I got it from first to a) see if will run on 24v b) see if they have a dropper designed for this unit!

Thanks a lot

Dan

P.S. It was a 6 leg Atego and it did have a 12v but it was a hella plug :cry:

its gotta be cheaper to get a 12v hella plug to female ciggie socket lead as an adapter IMHO

I’m an agency driver so I don’t drive the same waggon all the time.

Although I can see where your coming from!