24v 12v help tom tom navigator

Im after a 24v 12v dropper. Read on here i can get them from roadpro but i need it for tuesday and im not sure it will get here in time. They sell 2 a 4amp and an 8amp.Which one will do for sat nav? Will i get by with the 4 amp or will i have to get the 8amp. Also its been mentioned that any moto will sell them.Well i went to one today the one in toddington m1 and all i could see was bloody restaurants,nowhere did i see any type of truck accessories. Doed anyone know of anywhere around the luton or bedfordshire area,will travel a bit tho that sells these? I dont want to chance plugging it in and it frying!
Thanks guys in advance

Give Truck King the Cb place in Letchworth a ring I think they do them.

truck-king.co.uk/index.html

go for the 8 amp one like the one below

i rang truck king in letchworth but he doesnt sell them anymore. Will get the 8 amp one tho…Just need to know where!

Try here…
[Here- www.Roadking.co.uk](http://www.roadking.co.uk/products.asp?category=Electrical&subcategory=Voltage%20Droppers)
look under electrical… and then Voltage droppers

If you do order one PLEASE let them know where you heard about them…

ps I deleted your other post as requested :wink:

chenn_uk:
Doed anyone know of anywhere around the luton or bedfordshire area

If you can’t get it from Roadking in time you could try the CDC trailer on the truck park at Markyate, just off junction 9 M1.

I think i will do coffeeholic.As long as hes open tomorrow that is. cheers

CDC trailer on the truck park at Markyate, just off junction 9 M1.

He may not be there :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

CDC take some of the traillers showrooms to Peterborough for TruckFest, as that is quite “Local” I imagine that they would probably utalise it …

I dont know for sure tho… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hang on I’ll pop down and have a look, it’s only 5 minutes from me.

Or maybe I won’t. :wink: :smiley:

lol please :smiley:

if its for a tomtom go, you will find it has a dual voltage plug anyway so you won’t need a dropper.

Ive got a pocket pc with tom tom installed and ive heard that that is ok but still ive heard a few horror stories about that so id rather spend 25 quid and get a dropper to be honest.Still looking tho,most places are closed till tuesday so thats too late,im going to try the guy off junction 9 tomorrow and see if hes there. If anyone knows anywhere else let me know guys.

Rikki_uk you were right,ijust rang him and hes off to peterboro! He said south mimms might have them,does anyone know if they do?

chenn_uk:
Rikki_uk you were right,ijust rang him and hes off to peterboro!

Ahhh, that will save me a trip to check for you. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I was just about to head out, honest. :wink: :smiley:

i got a mio 168 and that is dual voltage

Mines an HP Ipaq 1940 running TomTom 3. Thats also dual voltage. Works every day for me both in the car and truck.

Calv

I just emailed tomtom and recieved this in reply.
Dear Mr Chennells,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The TomTom car charger is made for 12/24 v. It will be no problem to use it in your truck.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

So if it goes bang i can blame them :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
Hang on I’ll pop down and have a look, it’s only 5 minutes from me.

Or maybe I won’t. :wink: :smiley:

your a bad man neil,but you made me laugh :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just a quick note to say used it today without a dropper and it worked perfectly.So anyone who worries,id say dont it fine

You’ll be OK then :smiley: .

If there was going to be any problems, you would have noticed within the first few minutes of plugging it in. Smoke from your lighter plug / dropper would have given it away.