1st Day on W+D Training'

Evening All! :smiley: :smiley:

Was up at 5am for a 6am start on me first Day on Wag & Drag today in an 07โ€™ daf LF 55 series and bloody enjoyed it! ! Got another three 4 hour sessions Training left with me test on the Friday at 8am at Guildford test Centre. Did a bit of reversing and coupling/uncoupling aswell, but spent most of the 4 hours today getting a feel for the 4 over 4 gearbox,(being used to a sloppy slap overbox for the past 3.5 years) on one of the test routes through some lovely bendy little country lanesโ€™ Tommorow more reversing and couple/uncoupling to do and am looking forward to it!! All in all the day went well, no kerb clipping (as yet) Reversing No problem, Fairly confident and rearing to go!! Will keep you posted Men on how we get onโ€™ :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

โ€œTa Ta 4 nowโ€

I take it Wagon and Drag is an Artic?

yeah its a rigid with a trailer, you can pass your artic in a wag and drag and still driver artics, not sure which is easier tho some of the experienced lads will know im still new to this

Yorkie08:
I take it Wagon and Drag is an Artic?

Not quite - see pic that I โ€˜borrowedโ€™ from this guy doing the W&D right now

Click here to see his training blog

Yes Mate, To some Trainees its an easier way of gaining there c+e licence in the vehicle which they are already familiar with, just with a 7.5 mtr Box trailer added. I am using a Close-Coupled Drawbar which means the road wheels are positioned in the middle of the trailer and are particularly easy to reverse. Then After Passing in the Drawbar Artic, some go on to Doing a day refresher course in a Full size Artic to gain experience. :smiley: :smiley: