1st Class Trucking and website innacurracies!

Below is a copy of the DSA website page listing all the DSA Accredited Training Centres in the UK

Explore DfT (links open in a new window)DfT homeAviationRailRoadsShipping.Transport agencies and bodies Driver and Vehicle Licensing AgencyGovernment Car and Despatch AgencyHighways AgencyNon Departmental Public BodiesMaritime and Coastguard AgencyVehicle and Operator Services Agency Vehicle Certification Agency.UK GovernmentDirectgov - MotoringDirectgov - Travel and TransportBusiness Link - Transport and logisticsinfo4local. What’s newContact usHelpSite mapDirectgovBusiness Link

About DSA Policy, guidance and research Consultations Press office Do it online DSA Direct Accreditation schemeDSA home > Driving instructors and trainers > LGV voluntary register > Accreditation scheme

|
More

LGV Driver Training Centre Accreditation Scheme

The scheme was set up by DSA in conjunction with the Register Management & Development Committee (RMDC) to ensure that training offered to prepare new LGV drivers to take the current DSA LGV Theory Test and Practical Driving Test is of a high Standard.

Since the trial, DSA have reviewed the procedures required for the scheme to become operational, and are now in a position to accept applications from those training centres meeting the criteria.

Any organisation who would like to participate in the above scheme should be aware that in order to satisfy the approval criteria, all instructors employed by the organisation seeking accreditation must be fully qualified onto the Register of LGV Instructors and have had a certificate issued to them. Additionally they must also be registered to that company’s address.

Accredited training organisation data links are listed below.

CEVA Logistics Ltd

Ashby De La Zouch

Highlands & Islands Fire & Rescue Service

Inverness

Kent Fire & Rescue Service

Maidstone

Nithcree Training Services

Dumfries

Peter Smythe Transport Training

Mansfield Woodhouse

Ritchies HGV Training Centre Ltd

Glasgow

Roadtrain (Letchworth)

Letchworth

Roadtrain (West Thurrock)

West Thurrock

Strathclyde Fire & Rescue

Glasgow

System Training

Carlisle

Wallace School of Transport (Battersea)

Battersea

Wallace School of Transport (Croydon)

Croydon

Wallace School of Transport (Enfield)

Enfield

Wallace School of Transport (Greenwich)

Greenwich

Wallace School of Transport (Heathrow)

Heathrow

Wallace School of Transport (Park Royal/Wembley)

Park Royal/Wembley

Wallace School of Transport (Watford)

Watford

Widdowson Group

Leicester

Accessibility | Cymraeg | Freedom of Information | Information charter | Crown copyright | powered by web-labs | Back to top

Now here is a quote from the 1st Class Trucking website

1st Class Trucking Limited is an Accredited LGV / PCV Driver Training School, one of a few in the UK.

Forgive my stupidity; I can’t seem to find them on the list. Perhaps the DSA will show some interest in this when I point it out.

So once again, buyer beware. You simply can’t believe what is stated on certain websites.

Good luck all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

DSA have been informed. They confirm that 1st Class Trucking is NOT on the register and as such has no right to say that it is. They are “looking into it”

Considering you are on the list and they are not I can see why you would be interested in telling us (TNUK) forum members that they are not on it.

For those places that do formal accreditation, it is worth being able to point to a link, a URL of where members themselves can check…

Anyway, but hey, congrats for being on the accreditation list :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Saratoga:
For those places that do formal accreditation, it is worth being able to point to a link, a URL of where members themselves can check…

Anyway, but hey, congrats for being on the accreditation list :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

dft.gov.uk/dsa/Category.asp?cat=324

1stclasstrucking.co.uk/about.html

I have found another inaccuracy. I have both my operator CPC certificates yet have never been offered in excess of £1000 per week for them :neutral_face:

Thanks Wheel Nut for putting the link in to the DSA register.

Considering you are on the list and they are not I can see why you would be interested in telling us (TNUK) forum members that they are not on it.

… only because it’s a lie and to indicate that maybe these people should be questioned rather than just taken at face value.

I’m fed up to the back teeth with hearing the horror stories and then being asked to sort out the resulting mess. Good honest folk are loosing thousands and yet no-one seems particularly bothered. I am. :laughing: :laughing:

There are a vast number of very good training companies who really do care about your hard earned spends, I for one won’t work for brokers for this exact reason. I would sell up before aiding them to rip people off, pity more don’t feel this way - the industry would benefit from it. Buy wisely guys( and girls) and the best of luck

Buy wisely guys( and girls) and the best of luck

… and when you KNOW that they’re lying to you, challenge them and then walk away.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Avoid like the plauge!!!

canyoutrustthem.com/index.ph … s+Trucking

this web site is v/good canyoutrustthem.com

steveig:
Avoid like the plauge!!!

canyoutrustthem.com/index.ph … s+Trucking

this web site is v/good canyoutrustthem.com

It is quite good, if you put in HGV, LGV or CPC as a keyword it brings up most of the miscreants. Many of who have been mentioned on this very forum :grimacing:

You only bringing me down more Pete… looks like I’ve got a wallace trainer almost next door… as to “challenge them and then walk away.” I’d love to but can’t afford to throw away nearly 2k… but I think I will put on a little agenda after I’m done with the course… hehe

Bullchit… look where they are based :wink: