Accredited LGV Training Centres

This is a link to the official DSA Accredited LGV Training Centres list.

dsa.gov.uk/category.asp?cat=324

Trainers on this list are the only ones in the country to have been inspected and reached the standards demanded to be accredited by the DSA.

Whilst there are good trainers that are not on the register, the standards required to be accredited are such that you can be sure of quality from accredited trainers. Any accredited trainer can only employ fully qualified and registered instructors and they must have their own reversing area on site. There is much more to it than that but that’s a start!

Please note that NO brokers are accredited or are able to truthfully offer accredited or approved training.

All the best

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks peter for the link :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
This is a link to the official DSA Accredited LGV Training Centres list.

dsa.gov.uk/category.asp?cat=324

Trainers on this list are the only ones in the country to have been inspected and reached the standards demanded to be accredited by the DSA.

Whilst there are good trainers that are not on the register, the standards required to be accredited are such that you can be sure of quality from accredited trainers. Any accredited trainer can only employ fully qualified and registered instructors and they must have their own reversing area on site. There is much more to it than that but that’s a start!

Please note that NO brokers are accredited or are able to truthfully offer accredited or approved training.

All the best

Hi Peter

I agree with what you say above, however I think it is worth mentioning that many trainers cannot reach the standard only because of the location of their reverse pad or something equally minor, we fall down because our reverse pad is not on site and we do not have an office at that location although it is a mile long runway that we share with no one and have five marked out reverse pads.

it also allows us to let people have a trial run without a licence as we do on our open days. many training schools on here like ourselves employ only qualified registered instructors, having said that I am sure you like me know some of those you wouldn’t employ, and know some unregistered ones who are very good.

I do take your point about brokers and understand this being the reason for the post.

All the best

Rick.

Whilst there are good trainers that are not on the register

I have no argument with you Rick - as you know.