First time on class 1

Top man …

Our of interest I bought a cheap £70 truck sat nav. It was excellent but after a while bought a TomTom6250 but I have to say the cheaper one I thought had a better display layout. The 6250 is good and a bit more refined but not massively better. However… it is worth noting that the TT6250 has a sim in it, so does not need to be tethered by Bluetooth to a phone. I think the very latest TT Pro ones don’t have a sim and need a phone for traffic and updates. Hence my thinking was my money was better spent on a second hand TT6250, I’ll wait for the current 7" ones to become a bit cheaper if ever I needed a change. The TT6250 has lifetime updates and can be used for Truck as well as other vehicles.

My other bit of advice was to get a dashcam, another experinced driver said it made all the difference recently in a case against him. Its a faff setting up all the kit of a morning but the cam does oddly make me feel calmer knowing that when some silly wally does a ‘moment’ on you (each day) at least its on camera. PS I turned off the audio as I spent most of the day talking to my self and its not always wholesome when I make a cack-up reversing or trying to find a location.

Rich.