So didn’t get the job
I feel that my confidence has gone
I pass my test in 1990 class 1
And drove class 1. upto 5 years ago
Am driving class 2 at the mo
I would love to get back on to class 1
Don’t know what to do now

join the agency

As above or get a refresher, maybe just brushing up on what you know without the pressure of a job offer would help.

Rikrob:
Done a driving assessment last week after 4 years
After been away from class 1
The drive went really well
Until the reverseing and that was terrible
So didn’t get the job
I feel that my confidence has gone
I pass my test in 1990 class 1
And drove class 1. upto 5 years ago
Am driving class 2 at the mo
I would love to get back on to class 1
Don’t know what to do now

You say you have had a Class 1 for 26 years, how come you can not reverse after only 5 years off ? :open_mouth:
I’m struggling to understand that one.
It is like riding a bike, once you have learned the technique that is it I thought.
I have not been on a bike for about 5 years, but I can sure as hell still ride one I bet.
What were you like at reversing when driving regular ?
I’m not being hard on you mate, I just find it hard to believe, that is all.

However, if you are genuinely struggling, try a training co for a refresher course, or have you not got a mate who drives an artic?
Surely considering the time you have been qualified, you will be sorted after an hour or two.
Another problem is if you get too used to rigids, that is going to make things worse.
I mean, I think even I would now struggle reversing a rigid nowadays tbh, as the artic way of reversing is bred in me now.

I would also suggest a refresher if it will help on the confidence side of things. I passed my class 1 back in '82 and drove all classes till '93 when I gave up the job for other things until recently… been doing class 2 work lately but have been shunting artics about the yard past few weeks and fell back into it no problem.

robroy:
You say you have had a Class 1 for 26 years, how come you can not reverse after only 5 years off ? :open_mouth:

Assessor probably set up a very difficult blind-side reverse in an unfamiliar vehicle because the OP didn’t offer him the standard bung during the test drive. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

robroy:

Assessor probably set up a very difficult blind-side reverse in an unfamiliar vehicle because the OP didn’t offer him the standard bung during the test drive. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I thought that I was a cynic. :laughing:

Am going to a refresher course
I think robroy is right the my brain is stuck rigid mode :unamused: :smiley:

Rikrob:
Am going to a refresher course
I think robroy is right the my brain is stuck rigid mode :unamused: :smiley:

I wish my weefella was