The 7.5T Class 3 thread

stu675:

1van:
I’m definitely glad I’ve got a week of training even if it is just going over the drivers hours, tacho etc, just to get it reinforced in my head. Hoping it will be an auto but I’m sure I will soon get used to a manual box. I will have to check the thread on manual gearboxes. I hope you will keep this post updated on how you get on.

Working 11 hour shifts is a shock to the system! And doesn’t leave a lot of time for the forum!
Done 2 days, now got 2 days off to recover [emoji57]
The hardest thing is still the gearbox, so still looking forward to the big trucks if they are all auto?
On the job training is certainly good for the tacho and WTD hours learning. Eg just learnt that after your first 15 min break you have a whole other 6 hrs before you need another WTD break ! The govt is so generous letting us work so long!

Thankfully dpd seems to be looking after me. I’ve been told to take a 50 minute break before completing 6hrs of work. They do everything by the book, which I’m really happy about. I won’t be doing enough driving hours for me to worry about eu regs. I’ve just done 2 days in the classroom, today and tomorrow I will be shadowing another driver. I learnt a lot more today with the driver than the previous 2 days. I have a driving assessment on Friday hopefully that will go ok and then starting work properly on Monday.
The driver I went out with had a manual box but thankfully it was a 5 speed box so not too daunting. Is the truck your driving 5 speed as well?