Driver CPC, new guidance

Wheel Nut:
The answer from Tachograph is very helpful to me too. I have had so much forked tongue advice about replacing my licence. I am post HGV for about 10 years and never did any classroom training. I gave up before the deadline, because of it. I was considering doing it, just to hold it and to try to renew my D4.

It is the order of which to do it in that has caused confusion. A trainer told me I need the Digital Card and D4 before I can do DCPC. Seems very strange.

I think this depends on your age, I’m pretty sure you have a pre 1997 car licence so if you’re under 70 you will have a cat C1 licence and therefore can do the DCPC periodic training without having a HGV medical.

However the cat C1 entitlement that was gained by having a pre 1997 car licence expires the day before your 70th birthday.

As far as I’m aware you cannot do a DCPC course without having HGV/PCV entitlement, so if you’re over 70 you will not have HGV entitlement and will have to do the HGV medical in order to renew your HGV entitlement before being able to do the DCPC courses.