After Initial DCPC

right, so i have my initial driver cpc qualification card, this expires in January 2016,

i asked the TM why he hasnt been putting me on the weekend DCPC courses, he said i dont need to do any for 5 years AFTER the expiry date, but i thought i would have to get 35 hours in before Jan 2016?

can anyone help me with this?

i was wrong as i misread the OP’s question

hope this helps :smiley:

edited to point out that i was wrong :open_mouth:

thelorryist:
right, so i have my initial driver cpc qualification card, this expires in January 2016,

i asked the TM why he hasnt been putting me on the weekend DCPC courses, he said i dont need to do any for 5 years AFTER the expiry date, but i thought i would have to get 35 hours in before Jan 2016?

can anyone help me with this?

Hi mate,

From the info you’ve given, you are correct.
You have an initial DQC card, so you’re good to go until the date indicated.

You need to complete 35hrs periodic DCPC before your expiry date.
(Otherwise you’d be driving without a valid DQC card, for which both you and your TM could be fined up to £1,000.)

:bulb: Your TM might need a DCPC course. :wink:

Thankyou for that!

Explain to the boss that passing intial starts the ball rolling and covers you for the first 5 years until the DQC expires

Once that DQC expires then the driver cannot drive commercially until 35 hours of periodic training have been completed

The reason for doing the 35 hours of periodic dcpc whilst the current DQC is still valid is so that the driver never has any period of time where they cannot drive LGVs commercially

Those with aquired/grandfather rights also have an expiry date on a ‘ghost DQC’ of 09/09/2014 which is why they are now doing the 35 hours of periodic dcpc to cover them for the period 10/09/2014 to 09/09/2019