Newbie - Question about Curtain Straps

Hi all

Finally found a job! Started on class 2. It’s a helluva steep learning curve!

I’ve been started on class 2 multidrop stuff. I can get the curtains opened and closed fine - but I’m a bit confused about the straps along the base of the curtain. The guy I was training with does the whole lot like some speedy robot from the future - but it takes me a bit longer at the moment (probably cos I’m new!).

What I’m wondering is how tight they need to be? I’m wondering If I’m putting too much effort into getting them tight? What exactly is their purpose? Are they just there to stop the base of the curtain flapping about or am I trying to get them super tight to form a nice tight “drum skin” type deal along the curtain side?

(I know they dont function as a load restraint).

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 68#p724668

Hi mate, they stop the curtains flapping, also if you don’t use them they will flap as you drive and potentially hit someone or something. They also keep the curtain tight so things such as straps or ratchets can’t fall out and if your load does shift they will also help keep your load inside.
I always find hook it underneath, a little pull, not too tight but just so you feel a little resistance when you pull the clip over it. The tighter you do them up makes them harder to do up initially and harder/more effort to open. Give it a few months and you’ll be opening like your man was lol

ROG:
LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #21 by repton - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Sorry for the late reply - thanks for posting that. I know how to operate them though - I was more just wondering how tight people did up the straps? Extra tight or just tight enough to keep them hooked on when driving?

UrbanKayak:

ROG:
LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #21 by repton - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Sorry for the late reply - thanks for posting that. I know how to operate them though - I was more just wondering how tight people did up the straps? Extra tight or just tight enough to keep them hooked on when driving?

As tight as i can get them. Because after a few miles they loosen of anyway. And if you only do them up loosely to start with they just come unhooked and flapabout.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk