Have I sniffed out a broker?

Hello. In my desperate attempt to find finance for my HGV license I’m wondering if the attached imagine is a broker?
I keep getting calls but I’m ignoring them after they sent me the cost. I’m assuming they want me to do class 2 and then class 1, which would cost me just short of £8200!?!
I’ve been in contact with a local HGV trainer that would do car to class 1 for only £2500.
Is £2500 more realistic?

Definitely a broker so keep away. Always go direct with a training company and make sure you visit them in person first.

£2500 -£3000 is the usually what people pay. Also expect yours to be a little higher since you will need more lessons if going from car to class 1.
About 3500 is average.

19.9 % Apr is way too much. Dont rush and speak with your bank as you will get a much better deal if you need financing. The best advise is to save or borrow from family 1st. Bank should always be your 2nd option

Where’s your location ?

No training school I know of has 50+ training sites :open_mouth:

ROG:
No training school I know of has 50+ training sites :open_mouth:

Yep
Hampshire’s biggest. 2 Start only has 5

It is actually over £12,000 once you factor in the high interest rate over 5 years.
There is no training school in the UK with 50 sites.

The prices are frankly ridiculous. Although, considering almost EVERY HGV training site refuses to put their prices up on their own website it is no wonder some people fall for this.

I see at least 2start have their prices on the site. 2start-training.com/courses … e-package/
to me £4,765 seems a little steep for class 1 and 2 training but I guess with inflation it might be the new norm.

Although I am a little out of touch on how things are now. I heard you can go straight to class 1.
Either way £2500 from car to class 1 seems way too cheap. Phone up PeteSmythe and get a quote so at least you know what a realistic figure is and go from there.

I’d be budgeting around £3500 tbh. But with inflation like it is these days who knows.

Edit:
I think their class 1 package is inclusive of class 2. So might explain their prices a bit better. So, its not over 8k for both class 1 and 2. (I’d hope not anyway lol)

GJS:
Is £2500 more realistic?

That’s about right for what I paid as a very early straight to class 1 pass.