No more visits to the test centre for me…

…because I passed my C+E first time today :smiley:

What a week! After a tough two days getting to grips with going backwards, going forwards all fell into place yesterday and today. It really is all about a good starting position and following that white line. I have absolutely loved my first experience of driving an artic. :smiley:

Awesome! Well done you! [emoji2][emoji41]
Really glad to hear it.

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Fantastic mate, it’s a good buzz ain’t it. You’ll be riding on that high all weekend. My advice now is get your CV off to as many companies as possible ready for them to view Monday morning :sunglasses:

Also you’ll find the reversing exercise has meant diddly squat lol. It gives you a ton of leeway allowing pi553d parking but on a loading bay it’ll be shunt a plenty :open_mouth: :blush:

And if you end up doing class 1 multidrop and collection you’ll be thinking oh crap I’ve got to manoeuvre in that teeny yard.

I thought the same, but then decided I wanted to get a motorcycle…

Omg yeesssss!! Well done you!! So knew you would get that certificate :smiley: enjoy your new career and many many happy motoring years (with artics)

Well done, driveress :smiley: :smiley:

Congrats

Sent from my SM-A135F using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Be sure to keep us updated with what you do next.

Well done. That’s a great achievement.

Thanks everyone. I’m still well chuffed with myself. Your congrats and ROG’s fireworks are the ultimate reward :smiley:

Paddy, loving reading about your reversing exploits on your thread and glad to hear you are progressing. I’m still driving 7.5t and but as I drive around my area I’m always seeing artics reversing on or off roads and accessing ridiculously tight sites off roads on industrial estates lined with parked cars, and thinking, (gulp) that will be me soon :smiley:

driveress:
…because I passed my C+E first time today :smiley:

What a week! After a tough two days getting to grips with going backwards, going forwards all fell into place yesterday and today. It really is all about a good starting position and following that white line. I have absolutely loved my first experience of driving an artic. :smiley:

Congratulations!

Now the real learning begins…the reverse segment of the test, like someone said above, is a load of rubbish in the real world, it’s going to be a more learning on the job in the way of reversing, and a few shunts here and there until you can get your positioning right and whip it in one.

Advice going forward would be don’t stress, no one is judging you this time, take your time. Truckers are a friendly bunch and will help new drivers out if ever you find yourself in a pickle, I know I do.

My advice for ‘bays’ is, if you can avoid a blindside reverse, avoid it, don’t make it any harder for yourself if you don’t need to. If your bays are on your right, find your bay pulling along side the trucks already bay’ed up go one bay past yours and give it a 45° left turn until your roughly diagonal now to your bay, before you stop however, give it another 45° to your right, so your cab is now straight again.
Then go for it, it’s all about practice, good luck!!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Just seen that you’re driving rigids for the time being, after you’ve been driving artics for a bit, then get the odd day of cover in a rigid, that feels strange! Lol

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk