C+E achieved

I’ll put more details in a while but suffice to say I did what I set out to do, gaining my pass in an artic. I had a test last Weds and failed, I just wasn’t ready and let nerves get the better of me, this morning I passed. 7 minors but its a pass.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well done. Now to get that job!

Congrats well done :smiley:

Congrats to you

Congrats mate. :smiley:

Well done Missus , all the best hope you get a job you r happy with , great when it’s an ambition you’ve achieved , all the best regards Tom

Well done Death on the roads :wink: :wink:
By the way what were the Minors you had :question: I only ask so others will have something to look out for as I’m sure it’ll be something everyone an relate to and correct .

Congratulations Id have a drink for you but as u know working tonight , next time I see ya will have a massive yorkie bar for you , you earned it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
jx

Well done!
Rigids and Artics in such a short time!
Best ever feeling to realize, THAT’S IT. DONE!

nick2008:
Well done Death on the roads :wink: :wink:
By the way what were the Minors you had :question: I only ask so others will have something to look out for as I’m sure it’ll be something everyone an relate to and correct .

Cheeky! :laughing: :laughing: I’ve already warned everyone I know that if they see me coming… get out of the way! :grimacing:

Yep, 1 was cause I had to do a shunt on the reverse.
3 were for gears - crunched a couple and cocked up a change - for others, relax, take your time, don’t try to rush it - rush it and you’ll crush it :wink:
2 were for steering, from memory exiting roundabouts, resulting in skiffed kerbs
1 was positioning, I really can’t remember how/why on that one.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Yes it’s fantastic, primarily that it’s done and I won’t need another driving test (unless I want to do buses, which I don’t!)

I found the C+E very stressful, things didn’t really go to plan for me training-wise. I took the vehicle out in Feb and loved it, got on great with the gears and controls. When I turned up to start the training he’d had to have a new clutch fitted so changing gears was super stiff. As a result of the work the quickshift button (I don’t know its real name, its a 4 over 4 with a splitter and this wee button by your thumb so that you change gear - after setting off - without using your foot on the clutch) was not working either. I spent day one fighting the gears. The mechanic had a look overnight and altered some of the gear linkages so day 2 was easier however I still could not get 6th for the life of me. With hindsight if I had known that the work would be done before I started I wouldn’t have driven it as it was, that way I wouldn’t expect anything other than what I found. At the end of day two I changed my tactic as I was pretty much dislocating my shoulder in my attempts to get 6th or just driving without 6th. I finally mastered it at the end of day two and popped in on the Sat to spend an hour going up and down the track practicing 5/6/7 - 7/6/5 to make sure it wasn’t a fluke and that I could replicate it again.

So in effect I didn’t gain any confidence from days 1/2. Day 3 was the reverse and although it didn’t come naturally I mastered it. Day 4 was decent driving but I was still needing a lot of instruction during the drives. The test was due the next day and I didn’t feel ready, but I found out which examiner was due to take me out and it was one of the nicest there who I’d already had for my Mod 4 so I figured it was worth a go.

I nailed the reverse, and the couple/un-couple but my drive was dreadful. Way too nervous and nowhere near enough observations of the rear end. Without the examiner alerting me I might even have taken out a traffic light on an island to my right at a right hand turn. I was devastated, but more because I have never failed anything before. I knew I wasn’t ready for the test so booked back in for two more days training and the retest.

I wouldn’t say I was confident going into my test today, I was still very nervous, but at least I felt I had had enough time that I should be able to do it.

Of course I ended up paying out more than I budgeted but I got there in the end.

As I’m still in my office job I’ll be looking for a bit of part time work to give me a gentle introduction to the world out there until I have given notice at least (and I need to give three months).

So very happy it’s over and that I did manage it in the artic. I know it was harder but it was more fun driving the unit than a rigid :wink:

Congratulations hun

Jennie:

Congratulations Id have a drink for you but as u know working tonight , next time I see ya will have a massive yorkie bar for you , you earned it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
jx

Thanks Jen, Sorry I couldn’t make it today but would love to meet up again soon. I’ll be needing that Yorkie I reckon! :grimacing:

PaulNowak:
Congratulations hun

Thanks Paul, feels pretty great :smiley:

Congratulations and well done.

I hope you get that artic job soon.

Brilliant well done “missus” :smiley:

Dave

Congratulations on the pass, well done!

Well done again Missus :smiley:

Congrats Missus :wink:

Well done

Thanks folks.

It does feel good. It’s finally starting to sink in. Now the thought of doing anything with that licence, actually working on the road is looking pretty intimidating. Not the bit on the road mind but the collection and delivery ends! :slight_smile:

Giving myself the weekend off then it’s time to start looking at finding some experience.