Working time reference and changing jobs

Hi all,

Well Just going through all my paperwork for starting my first driving job, so yay paperwork!! has the section on working time directive, max for drivers is 60 in one week and no more than 48hrs average over 26 weeks and have a declerations that I am not in breach of this, but for past month clocking in at 60 hrs a week, for the couple months before that at least 55 hours a week and at least 50 a week for the whole of the year.

So According to the regulations as a driver I am in excess of it, but since I was part of an opt out, and not employed as a driver that It wouldn’t be classed as a breech? I will talk to the boss of where I am off to tomorrow, but just looking for any and other views on it

Thanks Guys

Exciting times. All been worth it, the dream has come true bud.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

SquireT, the previous weeks are irrelevant to the new employer. However, if you happened to join the new employer mid-way through a week (Monday to Sunday), technically your total work elsewhere should be included in terms of the calculations for that week. Best advice would be to simply provide any information requested.

DVSA don’t care about WTD at the roadside, it’s only an issue when they’re doing an inspection of the operating centre. It really is down to the operator to keep the drivers right on WTD, or more accurately RTD.

As a driver, RTD applies and the only thing you could have opted out of was the night-time rules (10 hours work, but can still be on duty for 15)

Technically yes, you’re right to give it your attention, but from your own description it sounds like you’d be in breach of it anyways, so it’s a bit late now. :smiley: I don’t see that it’s anything to be concerned about, but just be aware that your new employer might be one who needs to keep their drivers legal for RTD as well as EU/GB drivers hours; this was part of another thread over the past week.

What about those of us self-employed in another industry pulling 100+ hour weeks?! I’m definitely in breach then (self-employed are exempt from WTR). :laughing:

In this down-period I am however having way more rest than I’d like. Bored as hell doesn’t cover it. :unamused:

Thanks guys, Everything should be fine, spoke to my new boss and wasn’t concerned so its all fine