Finding Employment

PhilMc:

Roadielife:
So passed all the tests and have paper certificates for my CE licence (theories, cpc, reverse and drive).

I am wanting to start applying for work as have seen a few jobs about I have my eye on.

However do you need to wait for your updated licence and CPC card to come back to you before you apply for work? or can you get away with applying and hope it turns up before you get employed and are given a start date?

I’m not sure how long DVLA are taking to turn new passes around :frowning: but really want to apply for these jobs before they get snapped up.

Any help greatfully recieved.

I think most places will accept your Certificates as they show you’ve passed the tests required.
You may need to do an assessment first with any potential employers. Your licence should come thru pretty quickly, it’s your CPC card that will take a few weeks.
Good luck and well done…. Welcome to the wide world of narrow motorway lanes [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smaller places will absolutely accept pass certificates but large companies generally in my experience have a no card no drive policy. So some of the large outfits won’t allow you to even do an assessment without seeing your physical card. Stupid but the way it is at a lot of places.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk