Genuine question for those owner drivers in the know about c

I would like to know from those owner drivers who operate in Europe the cost of bring back to the UK ie; Exeter Devon a 3.5 ton motorhome from Athens Greece ? The reason I ask is my motorhome insurance company ( Comfort Insurance ) breakdown cover will only pay £5000 to recover your vehicle maximum any one breakdown. Now we are hoping to travel to Greece this year, but should I have an accident or major breakdown is this breakdown insurance enough to get motorhome home or not ?

There are not to many Brits running tilts to Greece anymore let alone low loaders, However, At 5k I think that any operator wanting a mainland backload would fall over himself for that sort of payday.
Lots of agency’s that will accommodate you though, if you could get the vehicle to a port then to Italy much easier to get a Brit to pick it up
That said if on one of the many islands then the cost can increase dramatically. Just a tip though, on the old roads when wet they can be more than slippery, I used to do 2 trips a month overland London Athens, Good days then, As a fellow MH owner you won’t find many camping and caravan club sites there. Enjoy, lovely country lovely people.

I’m not quite sure why a motorhome which broke down in Greece would need to be recovered back to the UK for repairs?