Does a driver being caught without a strap over his load aff

Driver pulled in for not having strap over his pallet on a sideboard fitted flatbed….
3 points and fine given to driver,
Will this have an affect on the company’s OCRS?

Thank for any information [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,
And nneeds investigation and notification to OTC . load security is one of the undertakings

And all the penalties for inadequate load security have been increased to an Immediate Prohibition, barring ratchet ■■■■■■■■ a rope hook, which is just an Inspection Notice.

Licence endorsed for one small issue of load security? Normally it has to be really serious before a licence is endorsed. Were the points not for some other reason?

Driver informed the transport manager that his points were cu50: causing or likely to cause danger by reason of load or passengers 9974 fixed penalty

I should mention that the pallet on the truck was wrapped and banded with sideboards up…… but no strap

OTC notified, extra training given to driver….

now waiting to see if this affects the operator compliance risk score ( OCRS )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So was it Plod who gave him the fine? I had a driver (last year) who lost a stillage from his vehicle, some damage to two cars from ejected metal pieces, but no injuries. Two Plod cars attended, no DVSA, he got a fine, no mention of points at the time, he retired soon afterwards so I’ve no idea if anything further came of it, absolutely nothing on OCRS related to this incident :sunglasses:

Zac_A:
So was it Plod who gave him the fine? I had a driver (last year) who lost a stillage from his vehicle, some damage to two cars from ejected metal pieces, but no injuries. Two Plod cars attended, no DVSA, he got a fine, no mention of points at the time, he retired soon afterwards so I’ve no idea if anything further came of it, absolutely nothing on OCRS related to this incident :sunglasses:

As long as the operator reported it to the OTC, then thats fine.