£13650 fine ?

I was in a certain RDC tester day and overheard a new bs story I had not heard before it was that you now have to strap all pallets with ratchets and that this drivers mate had been pulled and none of his pallets were strapped.This terrible crime resulted in a fine of £35 per pallet.

Later I collected 390 cheps and I did not strap them does this mean I will receive a fine of £13650 fine ie £35 x 390.

Ps I do know this story was bs but I am sure some dcpc trainer will pass this on to some innocents.

£35 per pallet = BS

Fine for an insecure load =£100

VOSA’s enforcement

We will issue a prohibition and fixed penalty of £100 for any load found to be insecure. Y

content.govdelivery.com/accounts … ins/899fc8

Even if it were true, surely only the bottom pallet would be considered to be THE pallet, and all the ones above would be the load on that pallet. If you have a pallet of crisps for example, you don’t get a fine for each pack, inside each box, on each pallet etc.
Total BS like you say though, £35 per pallet is the new £35 per crank of the landing legs.

I’d pay them £100 to not have to put 26 straps on the next 100 loads till I maybe get caught with no straps.

wiggy:
Ps I do know this story was bs but I am sure some dcpc trainer will pass this on to some innocents.

Ha ha ha ha. You have just passed it on to 1000’s :slight_smile: