Peters & Barham, Romford, Essex

I’ve posted this on behalf of Jim King of Billericay, Essex. Anyone able to help him?
Alex

Jim says:-
Is there anyone who has any pictures of vehicles operated by Peters & Barham plus Cawoods who use to operate out of their yard in South Street, Romford, Essex. The mechanics garage was at the back of the yard and all the way up the middle used to be scores of Thames Traders parked echelon in line.

I know there is a picture of a Foden eight wheeler in the east end of London on the web but I would really like to see a picture of the 7 cu.yard Ford Thames Trader tippers that my late father used to drive. They had a maroon coloured livery with gold lettering on them. In later years they painted the snout of the bonnet in bright yellow to blend in with the Cawoods lorries that had been changed from black to yellow livery. The Cawoods vehicles were mainly eight wheeled tankers who used to fetch oil all the way from Milford Haven and deliver it to local schools and hospitals.

The local Ford dealership of Hensmans used to supply the Traders to them, which was their main stay fleet although they had many other vehicles including Doges and Fodens. The tippers spent most of their life taking sand from the local Essex pits into the City where they returned with building demolition materials to back fill the sandpits. Happy Days.
Contact Jim King:- jimmy.king@btinternet.com

I realise this is an old thread but I only came across this yesterday. Rayleigh High St and Eastwood road junction, perhaps late 50s very early 60s.
Peters and Barham Ltd had several pits across Essex. Funnily I did some work the other day at what was their Fingringhoe pit nr Colchester, owned by Essex Wildlife Trust for many years. Some of the concrete bins are still there.

And another view. I have no idea who took the photos or to whom they belong. a copy was given to me by a Rayleigh friend.

Great photos Pete!