Richard Thorne

Yes its alive !!! This was taken just after hed ate a live donkey !!!
6769_112844089090_671209090_2414715_6447655_n[1].jpg

Big Dorris:
Yes its alive !!! This was taken just after hed ate a live donkey !!!

This one looks like he should have been in the Krankies.

You know you love me Richard :stuck_out_tongue:

imagesCAIRG7IB.jpg seperated at birth ?

In reply to a few posts, Ritchie did indeed have a blue (with light blue and white stripe) mack. a double drive. He also had a red and white kenworth K100 cabover. I’ve got a picture of the mack and the red baron (his volvo) in greece, with him and Sammy in front. I’ll try and post it when I look it out.

It took a while but as promised, a photo of Ritchies mack (Sammy Thorne at the wheel)

scan0029.jpg
Another photo from the same adventure. Anybody put names to faces ?

I dont know Richard Thorne, but i do recognize the Mack KLO 798V. Pretty sure it was ex Young Brothers from Faversham Kent.

I think it had one of the Mack twin stick gear changes if my memory isn’t going.

I dont know about that, but i’m pretty sure it had a third axle fitted some time after this photo was taken. I think Youngs had two or three of them.

She ended up at Lydney Haulage and was painted bright green. Sounds awful but actually looked really nice with a big shiney bull bar on the front. I dont know if its still about now but must of done a hell of a lot of miles.

scan0094.jpg

The man himself, Richie Thorne on the left of both pictures with brother Sammy on the right.

superswede10:
It took a while but as promised, a photo of Ritchies mack (Sammy Thorne at the wheel)

Jack Duckworth sat next to Richard in the bottom picture.

fly sheet:

superswede10:

Jack Duckworth sat next to Richard in the bottom picture.

Jacks got a funny way of sitting :open_mouth:

If you were sitting between Ritchie and Sammy Thorne, you,d be sitting funny too. Especially if
there was alcohol involved. Better to sit far away. :wink:

superswede10:
If you were sitting between Ritchie and Sammy Thorne, you,d be sitting funny too. Especially if
there was alcohol involved. Better to sit far away. :wink:

Must be somthing wrong with my eyes,they all seem to be standing.

That might be because you,re looking at the wrong picture, the conversation is about the pic on page 2
Of the post.Should have gone to specsavers,lol
Rgds Jim

superswede10:
That might be because you,re looking at the wrong picture, the conversation is about the pic on page 2
Rgds Jim

Should of hit quote and it would of refreshed that photo, and people would see the photo you are on about :confused:

Too technical for me, i’m only a driver. It wasn’t me that commented on the photo, it was Flysheet. I replied to his post but he obviously knew who he was referring to. So any confusion should be cleared up now.

scan0024.jpg
Ritchie in his element , pump shim problem on Dave Buttons 142 (AOO6?X )

superswede10:
Too technical for me, i’m only a driver. It wasn’t me that commented on the photo, it was Flysheet. I replied to his post but he obviously knew who he was referring to. So any confusion should be cleared up now.
Ritchie in his element , pump shim problem on Dave Buttons 142 (AOO6?X )

I have the same memory of him pulling the head off Mr Magoos truck in Evzoni, it was 40°c and if the drivers hadn’t brought him a drink when he asked, he may well have pulled their heads off. :stuck_out_tongue:

v7victor:

superswede10:
Rgds Jim

Should of hit quote and it would of refreshed that photo, and people would see the photo you are on about :confused:

You can’t quote an attachment on these forums, it needs to be cut and pasted with tags.

Hope this clears any misunderstanding up.