Any uk hauliers still doing long distance to turkey or asia

Just curious Any hauliers still doing turkey or southern and Eastern Europe or is that a thing of the past now

Deepest south:
Just curious Any hauliers still doing turkey or southern and Eastern Europe or is that a thing of the past now

From what I’ve heard there’s still a bit of work but the money is sht now compared to what it was, plus the EE types are all over the place double-bunking it. Plus the BS in Northern France where you have the ‘golden horde’ trying to hitch a ride puts people off too I suspect.

I remember a tv camera crew following this transcontinental Brit trucker delivering razor-blades to Turkey (must have been 1990s era) and lamenting the Chunnel just being built.

Deepest south:

I’m going to Istanbul next month as part of a 2 month tour, I work for an events haulier and they pay (with all bonuses) around £200 a day, and they pay you 7 days a week when on tour even when you don’t move for days on end

In recent weeks I have been as far as Poland and Slovakia in the eastern direction, other guys I work have been in Bulgaria, Croatia. Money is the best I have been on driving.

mrginge:
In recent weeks I have been as far as Poland and Slovakia in the eastern direction, other guys I work have been in Bulgaria, Croatia. Money is the best I have been on driving.

Are you on coach tours? They are supposed to pay top whack especially on top of the tips you get, day-trips and beverage sales etc.

TheFlyingTanker:

mrginge:

Are you on coach tours? They are supposed to pay top whack especially on top of the tips you get, day-trips and beverage sales etc.

Nope. Driving a truck. Not on any tours.