Middle East, whos still running down there?

As an old M/E driver ex DJ International, Whitby Metal Haulage & M&S Shipping fame, I do not see many posts about what firms are running the old routes, are there any UK firms still running it■■? I still see a few old names around, but now so many Polish & former Russian countries trucks are roaring up the M20 & M2 from the tunnel or Dover, has the old Eastern Bloc totally taken over the UK export trucking industry,

I called Chris Hooper on Monday and he was at Haditha with a couple of other lads, loaded for Doha, for Panalpina.they come back empty through Israeland on the ferry to Piraeus.
GS

basically only the older blokes who are doing just to do it - scraping by on the rates given out these days but probably not happy doing owt “normal” and fair play to them

we still have the blokes who can do the job, the tackle and the knowledge, but nobody wants to pay good rates anymore

The best i can do is say im off to Istanbul in July, but thats doing the rock’n’roll touring thing, not exactly general haulage thou. Id imagine thats as far as we go down that way.