Turkish haulage companies

Hi all when been about over uk recently and noticed a lot of Turkish trucks ekol Mars logistics etc out of interested does anyone know if they travel through Europe to uk or do they head to Trieste on the ferry from Istanbul cheers

Been a while since my last trip over the Sultan Mehmet bridge, but way back when the turks took just about every route imaginable, depending on who had what contracts with either rail, ferries or just plain old road transport. But some of their land routes were weird nonetheless - I had a regular back load of CNC robots from Izmir to Scandinavia, I’d drive up through Bg, Ro, Hu and so on inside the EU, the driver employed by the factory would rather go Bg-Ro and then Moldavia-Ukraine-Belorussia-Russia-Finland.

The Tr-registered Ekol trucks delivering to Sweden for example used to get their trailers from trains until the fines got to be too much and too often so they started using BG traction.

D.S. as an ex middle east man, the turks always mostly took the euro route, no ferries or trains all overland, like we did ( apart from the german trains ) to gain permits…i don’t think there are many changes today going by the queues on the borders…BG - RO…or RO - HU…then no more stops for borders, as i believe the turks dont need clearance at destination.same as most other eu countries…possibly running on carnets still…lol,