Advice On Eastern European Companies

Does anyone know of any Eastern European companies that will take on British drivers and how to about getting a start with them?
I’m 26 and have 4 years experience…I know its not much haha. Could this be an issue?
I’m currently on tipper work doing nights out In the UK but looking for some more adventure and fancy seeing Europe! I have no ties and commitments at home so relocating would not be an issue for me.
Would just being able to speak English be an issue? Id be willing to learn another language!
I’ve been having a look around on the internet and just seem to be going around in circles haha.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers :smiley:

I have just spent the evening with a Russian and a Uzbekistani who drive for Hellemman’s. Not sure of the spelling. Keen as mustard anyway.(sorry)

That’s probably not the correct spelling but they are away for ever on low wages but it’s better than their home countries pay so that’s what you are up against.
If you don’t want big money and are happy to be away they have a website.
Or Girteka - or others.
All employing people from Moldova , cheap Stan countries or South America.
You might as well try Sitra out of Belgium too or S&K out of Barry. Or Nolans , Dixon’s or NI firms.
Of course stupid brexit may well hinder your desires.

OwenMoney:
Of course stupid brexit may well hinder your desires.

Ok Owen, that’s my catchphrase! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have you been hindered in your working life incidentally?

I live in Poland and work for a Polish Company doing European work. Loads of work for drivers over in Europe and yes you can easily find work only speaking English. The problem you’re going to face is the amount of paperwork and hoops you need to jump through to get a Working Permit in ANY EU country. My advice is look at a UK company who do European runs.

Apart from work visa / permit, whatever it’s called - courtesy of Brexit - you might now also have to exchange your license for the local one to get work. British licenses are no longer EU licences, so it depends on local regulations and mutual agreements.

In Poland for example you’re fine if your license was issued pre-2021, they are still considered EU licences and you can drive on them until expired. But if your license is issued after that date (and by that I mean the document is issued, not when you pass your test) then you have 6 months from the day you moved to Poland to exchange it.

HOWEVER: if you have, say an UK license issued before 2021, you move to Poland this year and it expires next year, as soon as you exchange it to a new British license you become illegal - because you were living in Poland for more than 6 months at this time, so it’s better to exchange it into Polish one earlier.

It might also be worth exchanging it ASAP, as from what I read by giving out C+E licences straight away without requirement to obtain C first, Britain is breaking some rules of the Vienna convetion or something - basically it does not adhere to international standards by doing that, so some people argue that they should not be exchanged into Polish ones straight away, but it might require additional driving test. I heard some rumors like that coming from France as well…

And then, similar story with CPC. I wasn’t able to confirm it with a quick google, but it seems that your British post-Brexit CPC will also be not recognized. So you will have to get local training. Which might be a problem if you require it in English, as from what I hear there is no problem to get CPC traning in Russian or Ukrainian in Poland, but I haven’t seen any courses in English.

I have seen that Polish transport had been demanding that tests should be able to be done in English but their ministry had refused.
Using the driver shortage as an excuse the transport companies were looking to import drivers from Asia and India .
As with Hegellmans,who have depots all over eastern Europe they send Russians and 'stan countries into the west to work.
Like Willi Betz. Employing drivers from Georgia for low pay and away from home for long periods.
Hense the controls against social dumping .

orys:
. Which might be a problem if you require it in English, as from what I hear there is no problem to get CPC traning in Russian or Ukrainian in Poland, but I haven’t seen any courses in English.

Lucky there’s no test at the end [emoji23] just sit through it in any language!

Well, actually in Poland it’s done properly so it’s not just watchng powerpoint slides. I think like 16 hours has to be hands on training - my friend recently had fun on a skid pad, drifting 12 tonne Atego, they learned how to strap some concrete pipes and so on :slight_smile:

Language might be needed for that.

stu675:

orys:
. Which might be a problem if you require it in English, as from what I hear there is no problem to get CPC traning in Russian or Ukrainian in Poland, but I haven’t seen any courses in English.

In France there is a test, in French obviously so yes language skills are needed.

If you’re planning on working and presumably living in another country then surely it’s simply good manners to attend some sort of language course? There’s nothing more arrogant imo than Brit expats making no attempt to progress past a handful of words in the language of their host country.

stu675:

orys:

Just done the Polish CPC and whilst its only available in either Polish or Russian at the moment English will be included at a future date. 5 modules each with around 200 slides and there IS a test at the end of each module and its a PASS or FAIL test unlike in the UK where its an attendence only course!!

I just checked and I was wrong: I did not remembered correctly what I read, the mandatory hands on training is only to be introduced soon, so up for now is indeed possible to get a classroom only training (although most of my friends who did CPC in poland had some form of hands on training or another while I don’t know anyone who has a non power point training here - with the exception of first aid module I did about a decade ago, but to be frank the level was so appalling that 12 years old scouts got better first aid training than that.)

Hi, i joined yesterday so please delete if this not allowed, i am the transport manager of Sitra uk, we could possibly help you with work, call me on 01304 805792 or 07535812766, again appologies to admin if this reply breaks any rules.

sitra uk ltd:
Hi, i joined yesterday so please delete if this not allowed, i am the transport manager of Sitra uk, we could possibly help you with work, call me on 01304 805792 or 07535812766, again appologies to admin if this reply breaks any rules.

Your vacancy is listed on Indeed also

OwenMoney:

sitra uk ltd:

Your vacancy is listed on Indeed also

Also several hgv related facebook pages.

Mw12345:
Does anyone know of any Eastern European companies that will take on British drivers and how to about getting a start with them?
I’m 26 and have 4 years experience…I know its not much haha. Could this be an issue?
I’m currently on tipper work doing nights out In the UK but looking for some more adventure and fancy seeing Europe! I have no ties and commitments at home so relocating would not be an issue for me.
Would just being able to speak English be an issue? Id be willing to learn another language!
I’ve been having a look around on the internet and just seem to be going around in circles haha.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers :smiley:

Try Latvian Kreiss.They have some parking base in Calais where drivers swap trailer,start ,finish job.To many job for UK.

OwenMoney:
I have seen that Polish transport had been demanding that tests should be able to be done in English but their ministry had refused.
Using the driver shortage as an excuse the transport companies were looking to import drivers from Asia and India .
As with Hegellmans,who have depots all over eastern Europe they send Russians and 'stan countries into the west to work.
Like Willi Betz. Employing drivers from Georgia for low pay and away from home for long periods.
Hense the controls against social dumping .

May be first 3 month somebody work for low wages.But for experienced drivers now EE companies pay at least 70 eiro per calendar day or 2100 per month in bank account.All job by tacho rulles.BY this reason plenty EE leave UK.In UK 3200+ per month but at least 1000 house rent/bill.Not for everyone like British food ,life.Some drivers stay,some agree better sleep in truck for 2 month but after 2-4 week at home.