What madness did you see today?

Half a dozen teenagers watching someone change an offside tyre of their minibus on the hard shoulder of the M1. So they were all milling about, head in their phones on or inches from lane 1. [emoji849]

Where to start?

Please confirm the madness parameters.

Some of us are so used to the constant display of ■■■■■■■■■■■ on the road every day, that we have probably adjusted our treshold to a level that now regards utter ■■■■ ■■■ ■■■■■■■ as “meh”.

As for today, I have dodged the usual suicidal last minute lane changers, day dreamers, phone a holics, rubber neckers, and various no clue, no hopers that make our job “exciting”…

Madness but no surprise. Started at 1700 last night so still expected a good few hours of the weekend morons with the weather being nice. But pretty quiet, certainly didn’t encounter any suicidal tyre changes lol.
Really don’t mind working Saturday & Sundays, roads are nearly empty once the plebs are home tucked up in bed, hardly any road closures, tipping places are always quieter. Sorry going off topic there.

A Tesco shunter dropping the tri then pulling away without the leads connected , I thought it was just us drivers out on the road who smashed ■■■■ out of the steering wheel , oh well when he’s getting them mended he won’t be berating some driver for doing 12 mph in a 15 mph limit , or parking in the wrong parking bay when 50 are empty etc etc

Back in the days…

Of 3 pedals, ropes and sheets, I saw about 7 or 8 people praying to Mecca on the M62 hard shoulder complete with mats. A small family car parked up in the police only bay on the M1 enjoying a picnic.

I also remember seeing police cars parked in them too! :open_mouth:

yourhavingalarf:
Back in the days…

Of 3 pedals, ropes and sheets, I saw about 7 or 8 people praying to Mecca on the M62 hard shoulder complete with mats. A small family car parked up in the police only bay on the M1 enjoying a picnic.

Christ, you must go a long way back!

yourhavingalarf:
Back in the days…

You had me going there, until the last one! This is not supposed to be a wind up thread! [emoji1787]

What Madness did you see Today?

I saw Suggs in concert… Does that count? :unamused:

The crap c.f. is spouting on the SDUs new rig thread :open_mouth: :grimacing: cheers Ray

stargazer148:
The crap c.f. is spouting on the SDUs new rig thread :open_mouth: :grimacing: cheers Ray

Who’s Ray? OP is Stu here, ain’t it? :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

stu675:
You had me going there, until the last one! This is not supposed to be a wind up thread! [emoji1787]

I know right…

As crazy as it seems, there were, like, police cars driving up and down the motorway stopping people from doing illegal stuff and nicking them when they did.

cars continue to ignore red lights

SHYTOT:
cars continue to ignore red lights

If the red light…

Is on a roundabout at 3 in the morning without a camera, woosh, I’m gone.

Speaking of red lights. I was waiting in a queue at one of them critters in the Brimsdown area after leaving Enfield yesterday and about a second after our light went green a DHL artic sailed merrily out from the left causing all sorts of tomfoolery.

He did give a cheery wave to everyone he’d screwed over though, so that’s alright.

the maoster:
He did give a cheery wave to everyone he’d screwed over though, so that’s alright.

I know who…

That was, I’m gonna PM you the details.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So the madness I saw and caused whilst riding my bike to work this morning was as follows, 3 men in bright orange high vis just like the orange high vis I had on all hit the windscreen of their recycling truck in the village of Woodbury Salterton this morning 26/05/23 at 07.15am due to the fact the driver approached the give way line too fast and failed to look left right left right. Funny as I cycled through the village they didn’t pass me.

Yesterday …

I did a collection from Yeo Valley Farms Blagdon, heading for the A37 to Bristol, as the other way has a 7.5t weight limit and locals photograph trucks breaching it!!!

The road can get quite narrow in places, there was alot of traffic heading in the opposite direction, got to one of these narrow bits cars driving like they’re on a motorway, then having to break sharpish, not expecting to meet a 26t lorry, a builders flatbed transit came hurtling around the corner and had to steer into the bank and hedge nearly rear ending a car.

As I waited for all these numpties to pass, he looked quite flustered sticking his arm out the window telling me to stay where I was… lol

Oh,ok,thanks for that.It was definitly height markings