Something I've noticed

…after the recent flurry of publicity about spot penalties for middle lane hogging etc.

Family circumstances dictated that I had to go down to South West Devon and back from South Wales yesterday.

TBH I was not looking forward to the journey…Bank Holiday weekend drivers on the M4 & M5, with their usual appalling lane discipline, inattention etc etc.

But I was amazed…people were actually using the motorway properly, all three lanes, returning to the left hand lane after overtaking etc.

As a motorcyclist I generally travel a bit faster than other vehicles do on average (ahem), so you really tend to notice the bad driving of others more than you do in a car, just as you do in a truck when you are travelling a bit slower than average.

But, I can honestly say I did the two journeys without noticing any idiots at all (apart from the idiots with the rigid inflatable boat that appeared to have started to slide off its trailer and was on the hard shoulder near Exeter).

Is this a start of a new trend, or are all the idiots travelling today?

You should of been southbound on the M6 Saturday morning there was more than enough idiots on there,appalling standard of driving and then some!!

Perhaps they were all safely at their holiday destinations on Sunday…apart from the ones that went to hospital!

Thought it was too good to be true.

Let He Who Is Without Sin Casteth The First Stone.

Armagedon:

Forgive me father as I have sinned… :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thetaff2:

Armagedon:

+1 :grimacing: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

wildfire:

Thetaff2:

Armagedon:

Bows down and says Amen

mickyblue:

wildfire:

Thetaff2:

Armagedon:

Bows down and says Amen

Keeping in with Religion, that’s why God invented Loud Pipes !

So all the Middle & Outside Lane Hoggers can hear you coming & Part Ways- just like Moses made the the Red Sea Part ! :wink:

“Moses held out his staff (Reved his engine), and the Red Sea (middle & outside lane) was separated into two halves by God.” :laughing:

Thetaff2:

Armagedon:

Money well spent though Taff :grimacing:

Just the other night there was a little hatchback in front of me when joining the motorway, it was clear yet they immediately moved over to lane 2. Some people have their head firmly in the sand.

billybigrig:

Thetaff2:

Armagedon:

Money well spent though Taff :grimacing:

Oh yes!!! She was worth every penny pops!! :wink: :grimacing:

In the words of the virgin mary, please come again

mickyblue:

In Taffs case he wouldn’t fork out the 20 euros again :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

billybigrig:

mickyblue:

In Taffs case he wouldn’t fork out the 20 euros again :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

I think you will find that I would!! :wink:

It beats paying 3 grand!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

can remember being told and i dont know if this is an old wives tale but rubbing down aluminium or alloy with either cabbage or lettuce leaves can bring up a good finnish something to do with the sap /juice as i say never tested it but ?

I notice Kimi Raikennen speaks very good finnish.

I’ll get my coat, then.

Someone had better ‘Finnish’ this topic soon- it’s strayed from the ‘Middle Lane’ lol.