Double post

Or just be like me and not believe in depression that way I cannot get depressed if i dont believe in ghost I cannot get scared of ghost

TruckDriverBen:
Or just be like me and not believe in depression that way I cannot get depressed if i dont believe in ghost I cannot get scared of ghost

Are there any other ailments that works on? If I don’t believe in the flu I can’t get it. Great advice

Being happy and rested really does give help against both mental and physical medical problems.

Strangely (it seems to me) people who smile more are happier…
Not only do happy people smile more…clearly we smile because we are happy,
…but also…
People who consciously “make” themselves smile more…end up being happier!

And I`d guess that seeing more happy faces makes all around them happier too.
It all sounds very twee and cutesy, but it seems it is true.

Anyway, it made me smile. :smiley:

One thing I learned early on is that enthusiasm is infectious. It’s rare that things are so bad that there’s nothing to get enthusiastic about: The scenery, when you’re being paid to drive in places that most people have to pay to see: The pleasure when you master that tricky reverse: The pride of a job well done, even if no one pats you on the back - you know you did well.

It’s not always easy, but “mood” can be altered by deliberately looking on the bright side, instead of worrying about things over which you have no control.

Absolutely and on the reverse side so is negativity I think. Like you say there is good in everything, well nearly, you just have to find it. My current job isn’t exactly good but aspects of it are, scenery for one and all the dogs I meet, plus its good for the experience, all experience is good, when I’m an old man, in the unlikely event I get that far I’ll look back on that time I drive a parcel van for a few months in 2022 and chuckle at how crap it is! Exactly ten years ago I was on a trip to Portugal in my brand new 750 pulling a brand new fridge, six years ago my second 750, five years ago a trip to Italy for Whites in a brand new first trip out R580 with all the gadgets pulling a brand new first trip Chereau fridge………and today………this :smiley:

It could get me down but accident made me realise if I wake up and can get out of bed on my own it’s already a great day. Plus with ADHD I love relentlessly in the present.

375C0D8B-319B-4ECA-890C-4F4BF3D20105.jpeg

It’s a hilariously huge career fall

God that makes me sound like a smug tw**

Franglais:

I can’t agree, forced smiles aren’t hard to spot and can have a negative effect on people. I find a fixed rictus grin to be a sound indicator that I should avoid that person entirely, or at the very least treat them with caution.

Same with those people who are always too happy, insincerity is one of my top three pet hates in terms of personal characteristics.

Zac_A:

Franglais:

I can’t agree, forced smiles aren’t hard to spot and can have a negative effect on people. I find a fixed rictus grin to be a sound indicator that I should avoid that person entirely, or at the very least treat them with caution.

Same with those people who are always too happy, insincerity is one of my top three pet hates in terms of personal characteristics.

The point is that an initial attempt to physically smile more, does make the person genuinely happier, so the smile becomes a real one.
No need to go to extremes and cause yourself pain, just an attempt to smile a bit more, does work. It isn`t acting, it is a genuine effect.

Still waiting for your reply to my e-mail switch. If you don’t hurry up I’m going to have to make my own mind up about leaving (cannot name the firm) and going to work for (cannot name that firm either) so help. :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

switchlogic:
Absolutely and on the reverse side so is negativity I think. Like you say there is good in everything, well nearly, you just have to find it. My current job isn’t exactly good but aspects of it are, scenery for one and all the dogs I meet,

Hmmm! I trust that the “dogs” are the kind that go “Woof” and not the kind that go “Hello darlin, looking for company?”

Santa:

switchlogic:
Absolutely and on the reverse side so is negativity I think. Like you say there is good in everything, well nearly, you just have to find it. My current job isn’t exactly good but aspects of it are, scenery for one and all the dogs I meet,

Hmmm! I trust that the “dogs” are the kind that go “Woof” and not the kind that go “Hello darlin, looking for company?”

Being a notorious homosexual I’ve not yet darkened the door of a lady of the night

It’s not…

A career fail switchy. Drive whatever you can to earn a shilling. As long as it’s legit, shove it in gear and make some dosh.

Besides, anything bigger and you’ll probably stuff it :smiley:

non contractual humour intended any upset or disagreement with the above post please contact my sense of humour team who will no doubt be in the pub all weekend

Franglais:
…but also…
D

I agree, anyone who knows me knows that I smile far more than I frown. At an early age I realised that girls willingly sleep with smiley men, and as a walking hormone from my teens I realised that was the way forward. You can actually train yourself to have a sunny disposition, do it long enough and it does become natural. Sure I have flashes of anger or irritation, but that’s all they are; flashes. Soon to be replaced by the smiling joker I’ve been for as long as I can remember.

the maoster:

Franglais:
…but also…
D

I agree, anyone who knows me knows that I smile far more than I frown. At an early age I realised that girls willingly sleep with smiley men, and as a walking hormone from my teens I realised that was the way forward. You can actually train yourself to have a sunny disposition, do it long enough and it does become natural. Sure I have flashes of anger or irritation, but that’s all they are; flashes. Soon to be replaced by the smiling joker I’ve been for as long as I can remember.

Is it me or does that sound a tadge creepy

Don’t care, it wasn’t your pants I was aiming to get into :wink:

Franglais:
The point is that an initial attempt to physically smile more, does make the person genuinely happier, so the smile becomes a real one.
No need to go to extremes and cause yourself pain, just an attempt to smile a bit more, does work. It isn`t acting, it is a genuine effect.

That’s more of an opinion than a fact, you can’t prove it "does " work or is “genuine”, it might work for some people, it will not work for everyone across the board, it certainly would not work for me. Different things make different people feel happy.

Additionally, some analytically-minded people see these forced smiles in very different ways, they can be a signal of a desparate wish for acceptance, or as a human version of the submission-fear “grins” we see in our ape relatives, they can even be seen as a threat, another thing seen in both our ape-relatives and in human society.

Maoster, if you think smiling works well with girls, you ought to have tried being in a band in your younger days :sunglasses:

Zac_A:
Maoster, if you think smiling works well with girls, you ought to have tried being in a band in your younger days :sunglasses:

I did briefly flirt with the idea of being in a band reasoning that being tone deaf and completely talentless didn’t appear to be a bar for others, but I never followed it through.

the maoster:

Nah, mate. It’s not the smile, it’s the brain and the way with words. :wink:

(Same as Rik, before anyone overinterprets that.)