Is nobody happy?

Sorry guys I was just wondering if there is anybody happily trucking around any more,I look through the topics and everywhere it’s people moaning about hours,pay,traffic,work colleagues ,cpc,other truckers, roadworks,the cabs too small, the planners, driving made me have an heart attack, driving made me depressed,driving made my left leg fall off through lack of use , the engine noise made me deaf and all the time I think to myself it’s not like we’re doing 15 hrs down the pit like me grandad used to do or a 12 hr shift in a steelworks or shipyard
Is it really this bad or do we just like a moan? :unamused:

I’m happy and I have no spotlights, frilly curtains, dreamcatcher or tacky All Ride products in sight.

It’s a forum. Unfortunately, forums are a magnet to moan.
It’s also part of the human psyche. If we have a good day at work, we are likely to go home and do something constructive. Cut the grass, play with the kids, ■■■■ the mrs’ face off, etc…
If we have a bad day, we seethe, and don’t tend to want to do much. We ignore things around us, and the internet has become a way of letting off steam.
It isn’t just Trucknet, it is all forums for almost every subject.
Another point to ponder, is that at a guess, less than 5% of drivers use this forum. So the rest probably enjoy their job enough to not complain.

I’m very happy, finally got my head around just driving in DK and the fact that our export work is now the preserve of ‘them’, plus the fact that the Mean And Nasty is about to go and just officially split from the mrs now the house is sold, yep no moans from this driver for now.

Of course we’re happy, we just don’t shout about it.

you forget many on this forum have driven all their lives, they class sitting on their arse in a comfy chair listening to radio as hard graft. You only have to look at how many say they won’t do store deliveries because they don’t want to push cages around or have anything to do with the load. lazy gets.

Tomorrow I’ve got to handball 70 3m lengths of unistrut weighing 17kg on and off… twice! :grimacing:

me? I’m happy as a pig in ■■■■, sure beats working for a living when the suns out and the tunes are turned up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still breathing thats good enough for me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I posted about a milk job that was 6 on 2 off and everyone exploded saying it was the end of life itself and I’d never see the family and be too tired to even speak to my daughter when I got home ,it turns out yeah it is a pain in the ■■■ working weekends but I got 28 days paid holiday plus 8 extra days off a year to keep me legal, cpc training,and it’s the bloody easiest job Iv ever seen,it’s almost pinching money, I’d spend more time reading my book than anything else :open_mouth:

I’m happy enough with my job at the minute, you get good days and bad days same as any other job but you just get on with it.

tango boy:

like a bad rash you are this week, seen you multiple times everyday so far! :laughing:

maga:

tango boy:

like a bad rash you are this week, seen you multiple times everyday so far! :laughing:

have ya :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This post has made me unhappy because you don’t seem happy that people are unhappy. It’s very depressing. I might post about how unhappy this post has made me :frowning:

Presently finding the switch from construction joinery to driving is like semi-retirement in comparison. I generally come home moderately tired, but very rarely shattered, so Im pretty happy with my lot. Could always be better of course, but could sure as hell be a lot, LOT worse!! Anyhows - who doesn`t just love a good whinge? Be honest now!!

Do drivers moan?

Or just point out life’s inconsistencies?

If you’re earning ■■■■ money and/or unhappy with your job, a moan is obligatory I think. What better place to moan about the peculiarities of haulage than here on Trucknet UK? :smiley:

Im happy :wink:

I’m happy too, I don’t recall ever moaning on here.

bald bloke:
I don’t recall ever moaning on here.

What the hell are you doing on trucknet? Are you lost? :wink:

I couldn’t be happier.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh…I’m happy too!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Who’s not happy then?