Is nobody happy?

Thank you for this thread…

My plan was to train as an HGV 1 driver, grind out my first couple of years through agencies, suffer the consequences and poor working conditions, then skip over to Canada where things might be better. The recent Canadian visa changes knocked me sideways and made me start questioning whether my plan was still wise, given all the negativity about UK trucking in the forum. I was hoping that it was the human nature talking, but this thread has now confirmed it - there ARE some happy truckers around. :smiley:

I am truckin happy too.

mmm . . . could be worse.

I’m happy.

Why would I want to actually work for a living? I take books to work and earn more/not much less than most people I know :laughing:

maga:
Tomorrow I’ve got to handball 70 3m lengths of unistrut weighing 17kg on and off… twice! :grimacing:

70 lengths weighing 17kg, Wow ! That’s very light unistrut ? Lol.

(That makes 'em about 24 grams each)

I’m Happy, get the chance to take the ‘Mick’ now & again.

Ask Pharrell Williams, he’s Happy.

Im happy enough

I’m very happy :sunglasses: , alive and breathing :laughing: and I never moan :wink: just complain a little! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ve had a happy ending…

This week I’m mostly happy with moments of sheer Joy and euphoria.

Next week I could be the opposite.

maga:
You only have to look at how many say they won’t do store deliveries because they don’t want to push cages around or have anything to do with the load. lazy gets.

Some of us don’t do store deliveries because trying to find loading bays in busy town centres with swathes of pedestrians walking behind your reversing vehicle is not fun. Don’t even get me onto stroppy shop assistants that never answer the blasted bell at the back door either… :grimacing:

There are lots of things out there for for drivers not to be happy with. Folks come on here to let off steam after frustrating days sometimes.

I’m happy. Agency, talked to a guy who drove for this firm as agency and as an employed driver before that, that he was better off on agency.
Having said that, I wonder what the heck’s going on with that. The dream is to work for a firm that appreciates their trucks, but am learning that finding those firms is a bit like mining for rocking-horse ■■■…still, I’ve only been driving a couple of months, so am still looking forward to the time I can call myself “green”… shouldn’t really have an opinion, I s’pose. But I have :grimacing:

I’m happy & so is my wife!

Ok, I lied about her, but I’m still happy.

BillyHunt:
& so is my wife!

We know, lots of here make sure she is…

I’ve got bosses on my back ,too much sick,not enough poa,getting back too early so de-frauding the company of money,getting back late so dragging the job out.
The mrs is on my back for not doing anything round the house,no time as at work or down pub.
Daughters on my back as her new car is only doing 17 mpg whereas her old one did 50 mpg,it’s my fault she drives it like she’s on a track day.
Football team relegated out league
My life’s a bed of roses :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
N.b a first there,a post where I didn’t moan,everyone else does :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yes, I’m happy. Wouldn’t be doing the job if I wasn’t. Don’t think driving is a job you can do purely for the money, but obviously you need to be properly rewarded for what you do.

Still enjoy the driving, just the daft minges you have to deal with regularly that get on my Norks.

wheelnutt:

BillyHunt:
& so is my wife!

We know, lots of here make sure she is…

I did wonder why she asked if there was any chance of me going tramping again! Oh well, saves me a chore I suppose.

I am.

I work for a good firm that doesn’t hassle me. They provide good tackle which is looked after. I get paid a good wage for what is effectively sightseeing all over the UK. I get to meet some nice folk, the work is incredibly varied and invariably interesting, and I get to some outstanding places.

In comparison, 4 days a week my OH suffers sitting at the same desk in the same office in the same city, looking at the same crap view out of the window, surrounded by people she doesn’t like :imp: doing a job she’s done for 25 years, purely for the pension :unamused:

What’s not to be happy about?? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I do moan from time to time but driving does have its good points,going past a field about a month ago I saw three little lambs feeding from their mother,their little tails going ten to the dozen,it would have made a good picture but I could not park anywhere,i thought to myself you would not see that stuck in an office,plus as another driver said when the suns out windows down and music up,fantastic

I do an average job for an average wage but I’m happy

Like I always say, about 60-70% of HGV jobs are rubbish, the rest are worth doing.