:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
At an early age I realised that girls willingly sleep with smiley men,

Oh christ please don’t tell me that, I could have saved an absolute fortune back in my days of wooing girls. I used to take them to Shakespeare plays which cost me an arm and a leg and all along I just needed to act like a cheshire cat? Thats quite a bitter pill mate. I scincerely hope this isn’t the case.

Yorkshire Tramper:
Back in my days of wooing girls. I used to take them to Shakespeare plays

:open_mouth:
And you had no luck?
Can’t think why. :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:

Zac_A:
Maoster, if you think smiling works well with girls, you ought to have tried being in a band in your younger days :sunglasses:

I did briefly flirt with the idea of being in a band reasoning that being tone deaf and completely talentless didn’t appear to be a bar for others, but I never followed it through.

You should have took the route that I did mate…
Superstar DJ. :sunglasses: resident dj at a holiday camp,…fighting them off I was. :sunglasses:
If I’d stuck at it I could have become the new Jimmy Saville. :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Yorkshire Tramper:
Back in my days of wooing girls. I used to take them to Shakespeare plays

:open_mouth:
And you had no luck?
Can’t think why. :laughing: :laughing:

Me neether mate, it wasn’t all no luck but the majority of the girls I took, it turned out a waste of money. Even if I didnt get a kiss or anything I thought that perhaps they might have at least enjoyed the plays, I was absolutely besides myself when one girl in particular said to me “what a load of sh-- that was” I think my choice of girl in those days were probably not the best choice. Hey ho one of those things, you learn from it.

Yorkshire Tramper:
I thought that perhaps they might have at least enjoyed the plays, I was absolutely besides myself when one girl in particular said to me "what a load of sh…that was –

I reckon I’d have had a lot in common with those girls. :laughing:

My secret to being happy is simple - I do whats right for me and I really don’t care what others think of me , less stress this way. To many get ■■■■■■■ in knots wondering if they are doing the right thing , how it makes them look in front of their mates , does it make them look cool etc etc . I do stuff because I want to - not because someone thinks I should or to impress someone

switchlogic:

TruckDriverBen:
Or just be like me and not believe in depression that way I cannot get depressed if i dont believe in ghost I cannot get scared of ghost

Are there any other ailments that works on? If I don’t believe in the flu I can’t get it. Great advice

It worked for me with Covid. Never believed the hype and never got it lol.

Zac_A:

Franglais:
People who consciously “make” themselves smile more…end up being happier!

I can’t agree, forced smiles aren’t hard to spot and can have a negative effect on people. I find a fixed rictus grin to be a sound indicator that I should avoid that person entirely, or at the very least treat them with caution.

Same with those people who are always too happy, insincerity is one of my top three pet hates in terms of personal characteristics.

This! Completely agree. Can spot them a mile off and indeed treat with caution.
I’m often called a miserable git because I won’t force a smile.
Just leave me alone and I’m HAPPY… simples :slight_smile:

md1987:

There is a big difference between forcing a smile and just not smiling, sounds like you may actually be a miserable git.

Yorkshire Tramper:

md1987:

There is a big difference between forcing a smile and just not smiling, sounds like you may actually be a miserable git.

I may well be. But at least I don’t drive a bus.
Ner ner :stuck_out_tongue:

md1987:

Zac_A:

Franglais:

I can’t agree, forced smiles aren’t hard to spot and can have a negative effect on people. I find a fixed rictus grin to be a sound indicator that I should avoid that person entirely, or at the very least treat them with caution.

Same with those people who are always too happy, insincerity is one of my top three pet hates in terms of personal characteristics.

ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpspr … t.jpg.webp
I read this over breakfast and wasn’t convinced about the forced smile sign of a questionable character, then I read an article quoting a former Liz Truss aide…

njl:

md1987:

Zac_A:

Franglais:

ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpspr … t.jpg.webp
I read this over breakfast and wasn’t convinced about the forced smile sign of a questionable character, then I read an article quoting a former Liz Truss aide…

See that made me smile :laughing:

md1987:

Zac_A:

Franglais:

My statement was

Franglais:
People who consciously “make” themselves smile more.

Nothing about a

Zac_A:
fixed rictus grin

If I suggested that “jogging might be a good idea”, would a claim that “forced sprinting over a marathon course is bad” invalidate the first statement?

Zac_A:
That’s more of an opinion than a fact, you can’t prove it "does " work or is “genuine”, it might work for some people, it will not work for everyone across the board, it certainly would not work for me. Different things make different people feel happy.

It isn`t proof that it works for everyone all the time, but,

cbsnews.com/boston/news/fak … -stanford/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2 … 094728.htm

A place I worked for a number of years others used to constantly ask me why I smiled all the time. My answer was because I was happy. Happy at my work, happy at home and feeling lucky to have good general health where as some are not so fortunate through no fault of their own.
To me a person with a smile on their face is a happy person and a person that rarely smiles is usually a miserable type with problems. Probably not always the way but in general I would imagine that is the case and what i’ve always found.
Smiling is infectious and encourages others to be happy so I will keep smiling and hopefully make one of these miserable looking gits smile back. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I prefer to keep a menacing scowl on my boat in a ‘doorman’ stylee. :smiley:
It tends to repel d/heads, of which I have a zero tolerance. :laughing:

It’s a facade btw,.I’m still happy inside. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Franglais, I’ll take a sincere curmudgeon over a forced-smiler any day of the week.

Same as I prefer folk with a dry sarcastic wit over those people who constantly laugh too hard at their own “jokes”. Especially in a work situation; if I’m running an ADR course, a room full of grumpy scowlers (like Rob) are preferable to a room full of people trying hard to be cheerful, they’re far less disruptive and generally much more focussed.

Zac_A:
Franglais, I’ll take a sincere curmudgeon over a forced-smiler any day of the week.

Same as I prefer folk with a dry sarcastic wit over those people who constantly laugh too hard at their own “jokes”. Especially in a work situation; if I’m running an ADR course, a room full of grumpy scowlers (like Rob) are preferable to a room full of people trying hard to be cheerful, they’re far less disruptive and generally much more focussed.

Hey !
What do you mean grumpy?
How very dare you.
:laughing:

TruckDriverBen:
Or just be like me and not believe in depression that way I cannot get depressed if i dont believe in ghost I cannot get scared of ghost

Andrew Tate right? :smiley:

Not sure if the two are comparable - ghosts don’t exist, depression is a very real health condition. Sure, you can be unhappy and maybe “believe” your way out of it but that doesn’t apply to every case of depression.

robroy:
Hey !
What do you mean grumpy?
How very dare you.
:laughing:

Typical trucker, only happy when they’re complaining :laughing: I’ve just said you’d be welcome on one my ADR courses, that’s the ‘red carpet’ treatment in my book :smiley: