COVID policies - poor form

I’ve just tested positive for COVID and I can’t quite believe the response from my firm.
“Yeah you can’t come to work until you’ve had 2 negative results, company policy”
OK fair enough, company policy. Given there’s no longer a legal requirement to isolate or stay at home (I obviously will, at least while i feel ■■■■■■■ but purely as a point of reference) I get paid for this time off you’re making me have, right?
“No, it’s unpaid, sorry”

Is this normal? Am I being unreasonable?

Dolphin85:
I’ve just tested positive for COVID and I can’t quite believe the response from my firm.
“Yeah you can’t come to work until you’ve had 2 negative results, company policy”
OK fair enough, company policy. Given there’s no longer a legal requirement to isolate or stay at home (I obviously will, at least while i feel [zb], but purely as a point of reference) I get paid for this time off you’re making me have, right?
“No, it’s unpaid, sorry”

I am sure this is in the grey legal area.
You obviously are entitled to SSP though. So you will recieve some pay.
So make sure you at least get that.

As for getting full pay while isolating… Na, I do not see a company being made to pay an employee that.
Yea, you can argue it is a bit unfair on the employee but dem’ the breaks kid.

I am an agency bod. I had to isolate for 2 weeks. Got one week SSP. Happy enough with it tbh.

Dolphin85:
OK fair enough, company policy. Given there’s no longer a legal requirement to isolate or stay at home (I obviously will, at least while i feel [zb], but purely as a point of reference) I get paid for this time off you’re making me have, right?
“No, it’s unpaid, sorry”

Considering that we have spend the best part of two years printing/borrowing money, to pay office workers to sit at home and toss it off whilst being paid 80% of their wages, I don’t think you are.

Do what most do now - test positive but no symptoms - do not full pay = go to work and say nowt

Feeling bad = stay at home same as Flu etc

what did you get during all the rules and regs. if you got full pay /sick pay during that time when you had to isolate i would say its only fair you get the same now if they are saying you cant come in.

Dolphin85:
I’ve just tested

Serves you right.

Shame you get penalised for it but it’s a lesson to never test and definitely never tell anyone about it if you’re not actually feeling sick.

Neetsneets:
Shame you get penalised for it but it’s a lesson to never test and definitely never tell anyone about it if you’re not actually feeling sick.

^^^^ This.

The whole Covid thing was a crock of crap from the start. Just ignore it.

Isn’t the truth of it now - that no one dare throw a sickie anymore, for any reasons, let alone “Covid”.

This great opportunity has been taken up by the world’s elites to disenfranchise working classes everywhere from those things we used to take for granted:

(1) No right anymore to “employer paid” Sick pay at your job’s going rate.
(2) Jobs no longer held open whilst off sick unless that sick is unpaid.
(3) No contracts enshrining “rights” except the right to work for minimum wage for at least 48 hours per week. Big deal!
(4) Unions - protecting crap job integrity, whilst horsetrading away all the former cushy contracts in the process…

Jobs paying nothing beyond SSP and full rights to <£10ph sweatshop wages - are not worth saving, quite frankly.

Imagine the public shock when, during the next few months MILLIONS of better-paid jobs across all sectors now get lost, only to be replaced by twice the number of jobs at half pay… Eg. £18-£20ph work loses 2,000,000 jobs and 4,000,000 so-called “new” jobs come online for £9-£10ph pretty much doing the same things…

Local Office Work
Retail Work
Non-Driving licence required “Deliveries”
Building/Labouring
Eaterie Staff
Public Service Workers

Anyone working in the “Non-Essential” sector, that people will totally boycott pretty soon, as they tighten their belts
Travel Agents
Theaterworld
Public Transport
and even
Local Government.

I reckon Sunak intends to expand local government, and raise taxes further, whilst Truss intends to put the scythe of “Cuts” through the public sector and government department’s across the board…

There’s even rumours of skullduggery to prevent Liz Truss (currently odds-on 1/10 to be the next PM) from winning the postal ballot among Tory members… MI5 are apparently already looking into it. Presumably, Liz Truss can rely on “5” in this way, but can she rely in “6” not to torpedo her, because 9-figure Bank Balance Sunak intends to expand the “sneaky” departments that will be doing things like chasing people for unsecured debt, jailing people for going bankrupt, and flipping credit card debt over into second mortgages as the income squeeze starts to bite…

stu675:

Dolphin85:
I’ve just tested

Serves you right.

He’s right. What were you thinking?

One good thing about all this is it’s a very clear way of knowing how experienced someone is very quickly, e.g. if someone has replaced the words ‘cold’ and ‘flu’ entirely from their lexicon and, instead, they readily exclaim that they “had Covid™” at some point, it’s a good indicator that they’re generally clueless, will believe pretty much anything the news tells them, are essentially a risk to you and your liberty and as a result should be avoided wherever possible… and I quite like that.

why are folk still testing? am i missing something?

carryfast-yeti:

Still hoping to milk the free money and extra holiday? some companies still daft enough to play along and reward them, do they think they’re civil/public employers with a bottomless pit of borrowed cash :unamused:
Surely there’s no one left in the real world that hasn’t twigged the whole bloody thing was a deliberately engineered scam involving £billions of borrowed ‘‘free money’’, the bills for which are now due for the rest of us to pick up.

Juddian:

carryfast-yeti:

Still hoping the milk the free money and extra holiday? some companies still daft enough to play along and reward them, do they think they’re civil/public employers with a bottomless pit of borrowed cash :unamused:
Surely there’s no one left in the real world that hasn’t twigged the whole bloody thing was a deliberately engineered scam involving £billions of borrowed ‘‘free money’’, the bills for which are now due for the rest of us to pick up.

Our mob now pay full wages for 5 days if testing positive for covid. During the scamdemic they paid bugger all and we only got SSP.
I keen to meet up with anybody who is covid positive as I fancy an extra 5 days holiday this year

Attitude of the firm I work for (large brown trucks from Devon) is unless your too sick to work get in the truck and get on with it, this has pretty much been their attitude since the beginning of covid apart from the management of course who all went awol for a year.

Dolphin85:
“No, it’s unpaid, sorry”

This is what happens when you don’t wear a mask / disenfect at all times , my mate is in the same situation , off unpaid ,playing Merry hell , but another conspiracy idiot who didn’t need a mask & didn’t need to disefect his hands
You reap what you sow !!!

Dolphin85:
“No, it’s unpaid, sorry”

Bigger fool you still a believer your paying the price now

I tested to protect my family. I have a sister with MS who was due for a visit on Tuesday.
I can now see that reporting the result wasn’t the wisest decision as, although I feel pretty ■■■■■■ at the moment, I’m probably not ill enough to not go to work.
Lesson learnt.

Dolphin85:
I tested to protect my family. I have a sister with MS who was due for a visit on Tuesday.
I can now see that reporting the result wasn’t the wisest decision as, although I feel pretty [zb] at the moment, I’m probably not ill enough to not go to work.
Lesson learnt.

If your feeling groggy or your concentration is not 100% you should not be driving. Only you can make that cool. With truck driving you can for sure go to work with a bad leg or back. But if your mentally not feeling it then for sure take the time off.

I felt a bit off,last new year’s eve.
Looking forward to a week off…I borrowed a test off my mate.
Came back negative,so I had 10 pint.

Dolphin85:
“No, it’s unpaid, sorry”

Might be time for your company to update it’s Covid policy.
Australia, you know that zero Covid policy country that kicked out Novak Jokovic just for not being vaccinated for 3 whole years, knowingly fielded an actual Covid positive player! Which is great news that everyone is now learning to live with (ignore) Covid.

theguardian.com/sport/2022/ … icket-gold