Lockdown isolation legal requirement

Not me btw,.someone mentioned it to me today.
If a member of your household has Covid, is it a legal compulsory requirement to isolate yourself from work.
What are the penalties,.and which body actually Police it if any, or is it just voluntary?

Apparentlly there is a driver turning up for work at this guy’s firm,.and on different truck every day, showing no signs of illness himself, but one of his family has the virus.

I believe the answer is yes if you have a family member testing positive then the whole family have to self isolate. We have a driver who’s missus has it yet he’s tested negative living in the same household and he’s self isolating with him family.

When to self-isolate

Self-isolate immediately if:

you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)

you’ve tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus

someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive

someone in your support bubble has symptoms and you’ve been in close contact with them since their symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started

someone in your support bubble tested positive and you’ve been in close contact with them since they had the test or in the 48 hours before their test

you’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive – find out what to do if you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app

you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK

From. Gov.

As to how or who enforces it we know it’s down to people being mindful and observing the rules. Chances are very few people will follow the rules.

Whenever china lets us too

How many drivers companies are paying drivers whilst self isolating? Telling a bloke he should be isolating could also be telling him he should be sat at home on no pay.

My payslips would comprise of SSP & thats it. Over 2 weeks thats a massive hit in wages esp. if your the breadwinner, hardly surprising so many sack off isolation and dodge testing & keep that NHS app well away from their phones. No good anybody saying “it’s your civic duty” when you have bills to pay and mouths to feed, there is a limit to how much anyone will do in aid of others before they have to start thinking of their own interests.

I suspect it’s perfectly possible to ignore an order to isolate & go to work. I suspect many drivers have done. Don’t have the NHS app, don’t answer the phone to unknown numbers, keep off social media, don’t tell work and just generally keep it to yourself.

rob22888:
How many drivers companies are paying drivers whilst self isolating? Telling a bloke he should be isolating could also be telling him he should be sat at home on no pay.

My payslips would comprise of SSP & thats it. Over 2 weeks thats a massive hit in wages esp. if your the breadwinner, hardly surprising so many sack off isolation and dodge testing & keep that NHS app well away from their phones. No good anybody saying “it’s your civic duty” when you have bills to pay and mouths to feed, there is a limit to how much anyone will do in aid of others before they have to start thinking of their own interests.

I suspect it’s perfectly possible to ignore an order to isolate & go to work. I suspect many drivers have done. Don’t have the NHS app, don’t answer the phone to unknown numbers, keep off social media, don’t tell work and just generally keep it to yourself.

Yep I agree, it depends on the quality and attitude towards drivers (or lack of it :unamused: ) of the firm you work for.
I’ve done two threads on here commenting on where furlough is being possibly abused by firms, when drivers are already taking hols,.and when for one unknown reason or another they are calling in agency drivers instead.
The money would be better used in these isolation situations.

rob22888:

What, why should a business absorb the costs of a govermnent mandated rule banning their (presumably healthy and able bodied) employees from working? I mean they already do - if they can’t find a replacement quickly enough they’ll lose on money/customers because work won’t get done etc. so businesses are not charities nor do they have access to infinite money (or any excess money for such matters) unlike dear Gov’t who have the power to issue and distribute money at will which is a terrible idea still etc. etc.

robroy:

rob22888:

Yep I agree, it depends on the quality and attitude towards drivers (or lack of it :unamused: ) of the firm you work for.
I’ve done two threads on here commenting on where furlough is being possibly abused by firms, when drivers are already taking hols,.and when for one unknown reason or another they are calling in agency drivers instead.
The money would be better used in these isolation situations.

When track & trace was launched, the government should have introduced furlough for self isolation. Basically, present proof of an order to self isolate from track & trace to your employer and they can furlough you for the 2 weeks. It’s cynical, but I guarantee the uptake of the app and participation in test & trace would have gone through the roof as people hoped they might get 2 weeks off work at 80% pay. Good employers may have topped that up to 100%. It would have worked.

Maybe if they had done that they wouldn’t still have to be paying 80% of so many peoples salaries until April through yet more lockdown.

ETS:

rob22888:

What, why should a business absorb the costs of a govermnent mandated rule banning their (presumably healthy and able bodied) employees from working? I mean they already do - if they can’t find a replacement quickly enough they’ll lose on money/customers because work won’t get done etc. so businesses are not charities nor do they have access to infinite money (or any excess money for such matters) unlike dear Gov’t who have the power to issue and distribute money at will which is a terrible idea still etc. etc.

Most businesses still operating have had to absorb costs through this pandemic to make themselves ‘covid secure’. Some take great pleasure in trumpeting their ‘covid secure’ credentials & talk about how they are keeping their staff safe.

It’s all pretty fruitless though if they have infected employees coming into work because they can’t afford to self isolate. That’s not keeping your employees safe.

As I said in the post above, the government should have come to the table to help with this stuff. In the absence of that though, I would have liked to have seen more ‘essential’ businesses show a bit more support for staff, especially those like some of the big players in our sector who have boomed in the past year.

‘Heroic key worker putting yourself in harms way to keep the country going’ one minute, then on the scrap heap on SSP if you catch it.

rob22888:
Some take great pleasure in trumpeting their ‘covid secure’ credentials & talk about how they are keeping their staff safe.

It’s all pretty fruitless though if they have infected employees coming into work because they can’t afford to self isolate. That’s not keeping your employees safe.

‘Heroic key worker putting yourself in harms way to keep the country going’ one minute, then on the scrap heap on SSP if you catch it.

And some make a public song and dance about how they support the NHS and how they are behind all the official rhetoric.
Then they get 2 drivers to share one motor with no cleaning routine before each shift change.
All Keeping up appearnces and BS with no real substance. :bulb:

I live alone, I work alone, and I’m the only source of income in my household.
I’ve never been tested, so I don’t have a clue if I’ve been infected.
I pull a face covering from the moment before I get out my car in the yard, till the point I drive out the gate, only removing it while alone in the cab, I wear nitrile gloves non stop throughout my shift, the truck cab is wiped down as soon as I get in to it with disinfectant wipes, at every delivery point I pull on my mask and bark at anyone who comes close to me who isn’t wearing one. How much more can i do to protect myself from people around me who maybe infected
So should I go get tested ? As the consequences for a positive test and self isolation means no income, bills not getting paid and no food on the table

Jesus bloody Christ , w t f are drivers doing if they can’t afford to live for 2 weeks without wages ( I’ve just had a month off & have ate & all the bills have been paid )
They obviously didn’t listen when I said put money away for a rainy day ,I think it’s more there bloody money mad , it’s like the bloody idiots who roar there eyes out when there’s no o/t , go and enjoy the bloody weekend , I’d rather be locked down to the house than driving a bloody lorry for a few £££££ , I bet the bloody idiots sell there holidays as well !!!

I believe it was changed in January this year. My colleague was originally told it would SSP as he wasn’t positive but a positive test and we get paid full company sick pay.

Although the TM has told him it changed in January and he will get full company sick pay for isolating because his wife has had a positive test.

The only requirement is the positive test result from the NHS service to confirm it is positive.

Whether that is legislation or a company policy I’m sure off hand. But knowing our place if they could avoid paying it they probably would.

sott.net/article/447151-Psy … -on-The-UK

Harry Monk:
https://www.sott.net/article/447151-Psychological-Attack-on-The-UK

Straight from the Communist manual :open_mouth:

robroy:
If a member of your household has Covid, is it a legal compulsory requirement to isolate yourself from work.
What are the penalties,.and which body actually Police it if any, or is it just voluntary?

Apparentlly there is a driver turning up for work at this guy’s firm,.and on different truck every day, showing no signs of illness himself, but one of his family has the virus.

The guy who tests positive should be off self isolating for 10 days,the rest of the household self isolate for 14 days,lad at our place had it and when he came back(after self isolation over) he said NHS trace told him that’s what he had to do.

If a company is not following COVID safe guidelines(it’s on Gov web page to download somewhere) they can be reported and fined or shut,if you want same unit everyday mention it to your gaffer :laughing: :imp:

Yorkielad:

robroy:

The guy who tests positive should be off self isolating for 10 days,the rest of the household self isolate for 14 days,lad at our place had it and when he came back(after self isolation over) he said NHS trace told him that’s what he had to do.

If a company is not following COVID safe guidelines(it’s on Gov web page to download somewhere) they can be reported and fined or shut,if you want same unit everyday mention it to your gaffer :laughing: :imp:

I’m sure there will be sufficient loopholes within the rules to allow forms a way around most if it.

toonsy:

Yorkielad:

robroy:

I’m sure there will be sufficient loopholes within the rules to allow forms a way around most if it.

Best loophole is to keep schtum if someone in your household has covid. I told no-one at work and just carried on as normal, obviously taking extra hygiene measures at home so to limit me catching it

My story is similar.

Son in law feels crap, tests negative at work. next day his mother tests him with her Lateral Flow kit, he tests positive, he is sent to a local army test centre. we all test negative. His sister, his mum and myself feel fine.

He hasn’t had another test but went back to work yesterday as per the Track and Trace Instructions, his sister can go out today, I can go out tomorrow, mum can go out on Friday, we all live in the same house, its total ■■■■■■■■.

His job is in health care and his only symptom was a lack of smell.

I couldn’t go to my regular clinic appointments so the district nurses had to come to my house twice, it makes a zb mockery of isolating.

So yes, stay schtum in future, look after number one.