Two jobs can i do it

My working time knowledge is crap.
my driving hours knowledge is not much better. I know to take a break before I hit 4.5 hours :stuck_out_tongue:

But I just wanted to check.

If I do a Monday to Friday job from 16:00 to 21:00
Which is 25 hours a week. (Non driving job)

Can I work 1 day a week as a HGV driver on the weekend?
Or would it have to be alternating weeks. i.e once every fortnight.

Also, either way I’ll prob just keep a diary of my non hgv driving work. No way I am writing in a weeks worth of manual entries everytime.

long as your saturday job starts after 6 am so you have the 9 hours rest required from finishing at 9 pm night before before .
also from when you finsh your driving job untill you start your other job you need to have 45 hours off. if you dont have 45 hours off have be a weekend off weekend on
thats the legal route anyway.
as its part time non driving upto you if you stay legal tell the company your working else ware etc.
or just crack on every weekend driving as doubt youd ever get found out but theres always a possability you could do

You could legally do a shift every weekend if you time it right.

If you finish the driving job by 19:00 Saturday you would be able to get a 45 hour weekly rest period in before starting work at 16:00 Monday, you would need a 9 hour daily rest period before starting the driving job so you could start driving no earlier than 06:00 Saturday.

Alternatively you could do a shift every Sunday as long as you didn’t start before 18:00 Sunday and finished by 07:00 Monday.

edit: Just to add that you’re right not to input the none driving job hours into the tachograph it’s not legally required, legally you should write that jobs hours on charts or printouts, whether or not the DVSA still accept a diary/notebook I don’t know.

tachograph:

If you finish the driving job by 19:00 Saturday you would be able to get a 45 hour weekly rest period in before starting work at 16:00 Monday, you would need a 9 hour daily rest period before starting the driving job so you could start driving no earlier than 06:00 Saturday.

Alternatively you could do a shift every Sunday as long as you didn’t start before 18:00 Sunday and finished by 07:00 Monday.

edit: Just to add that you’re right not to input the none driving job hours into the tachograph it’s not legally required, legally you should write that jobs hours on charts or printouts, whether or not the DVSA still accept a diary/notebook I don’t know.

From the DVSA last month when I asked them about it…

The record of other work must be either:
• written manually on a chart; or
• written manually on printout paper a digital or smart tachograph; or
• made by using the manual input facility of a digital or smart tachograph
It is not acceptable to use a logbook, timesheet or any other method to record other work and rest, the only 3 acceptable methods are those I have listed above.
Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

Goff118:

tachograph:

It is not acceptable to use a logbook, timesheet or any other method to record other work and rest, the only 3 acceptable methods are those I have listed above.
[/quote]
ye I know an electrician who does part time truck driving. He doesn’t even bother lol.
To be fair to him his hours change so much its hard to keep track.
He’d have to keep a diary then write all his diary entries into his tacho… Na ■■■■ that.

Goff118:

tachograph:

[/quote]
Yes I saw that post mate and it’s one of the reasons I no longer say to use a diary/notebook for none driving work days, to be fair the DVSA are not likely to email you saying that you can use a diary when the law says it’s not acceptable, several people have said that they’ve been stopped in the past and the DVSA accepted diary entries so I suppose it’s up to the individual DVSA bod what they will accept, basically if you get stopped and only have diary records of other work you may or may not get penalised.
I’d never bother inputting the records for none driving days into the tachograph though :wink:

tachograph:

Goff118:

tachograph:

[/quote]
Yes I saw that post mate and it’s one of the reasons I no longer say to use a diary/notebook for none driving work days, to be fair the DVSA are not likely to email you saying that you can use a diary when the law says it’s not acceptable, several people have said that they’ve been stopped in the past and the DVSA accepted diary entries so I suppose it’s up to the individual DVSA bod what they will accept, basically if you get stopped and only have diary records of other work you may or may not get penalised.
I’d never bother inputting the records for none driving days into the tachograph though :wink:
[/quote]
Yea, it is such a waste of time, but I’m getting quicker at it now and it’s 15 minutes pay for nothing [emoji23]

Maybe someone should make a diary up out of old tacho print out paper.