Extra weekend work

Hi all, I currently work in an office job from 7 till 5 weekdays, am I right in thinking I can’t drive sat and sun, can I work both for some extra cash? Plus I miss being on the road

Legally you could work a shift on HGVs every second weekend.

You need to get a full 45hr uninterrupted weekly rest period in every second week. You need a minimum 24hrs the alternate weeks so realistically you are looking at a Saturday or Sunday only, not both unless you do a couple of 10hr shifts, something like 2am-12pm Saturday then 9pm-7am Saturday night or 5pm Saturday-5am Sunday then 1pm-11pm Sunday. Both of those would satisfy requirements for reduced weekly rest and daily rest both after and before starting your normal job but it would only be every other week.

Cheers guys, I’ll probably go for a shift every other sat, if I can find an agency

Russblade:
Hi all, am I right in thinking I can’t drive sat and sun, can I work both for some extra cash?

You can do whatever you want as long as you keep your tacho right & your mouth shut.

Russblade:
Hi all, I currently work in an office job from 7 till 5 weekdays, am I right in thinking I can’t drive sat and sun, can I work both for some extra cash? Plus I miss being on the road

That moment you drive a HGV you have to keep Workingtime in Mind :bulb:

Just work whenever you like, rules are for breaking. Well as long as no nuns children or kittens are put in jeopardy.

Ignore above post, wrong forum thought I was on dodgydriversUK.