Biggest transport hubs of Scotland

I’m sure we’re all familiar with the “golden triangle of logistics” in Midlands. Is there a particular area of Scotland that is a perfect home for a lorry driver? Is it best to be based somewhere between Glasgow and Edinburgh?

Yes. Next question. Seriously tho, the central belt will always have plenty of opportunities cos that’s where most of the big players have their RDC’s etc. Up the east coast you’ll probably find plenty of work too (Dundee,Aberdeen etc) tbh there’s work everywhere at the moment, just depends what your skills are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Neetsneets Livingston and Bellshill have a good few r.d.c’s e.t.c between them.Also as GOG47 said about the east side.Good luck on your search :smiley: cheers Ray

Get a base round Bathgate, Livingston or Motherwell All near RDCs . Our container port is at Grangemouth the big players are all quite near to each other.

Cambuslang.
Plus side near M8,M73,M74,M77 get to anywhere in central belt in under 1 hour.
Near Tesco, Sainsbury’s Morrisons and Asda RDC,s
Handy for Stobarts, WH Malcolm,Pollocks and many other companies.
Downside, it’s Cambuslang.

Dunky123:
Cambuslang.
Plus side near M8,M73,M74,M77 get to anywhere in central belt in under 1 hour.
Near Tesco, Sainsbury’s Morrisons and Asda RDC,s
Handy for Stobarts, WH Malcolm,Pollocks and many other companies.
Downside, it’s Cambuslang.

It’s no that bad mate we do have some decent takeaway shops haha

Lol yeah I know.
I actually used to do deliveries for a well known Italian takeaway/restaurant years ago.
Pretty handy for getting anywhere in Scotland with all its motorway links.

Bothwell/uddingston kinda area has got to be the closest to all the most amount of HGV work in Scotland. But since we’re lorry drivers not doctors lets just say bellshill is one of the best places for a HGV driver to live.