Any work in south of Scotland?

As a relative newbie (class 1 since last August, been doing HGV work 15 months) I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the work situation is like around the Dumfries area, or even Carlisle.

The obvious big ones are Curries of Dumfries, or Stobarts in Carlisle. But, would they take on someone who has only been driving class 1 for 6 months?

I have put my house up for sale with a view to moving nearer my present work, but house prices in Dumfriesshire look better, and I lived there a long time ago, so have a wee notion to go back.

Any background info would be appreciated before I go about contacting companies myself.

Al.

currie european, they ship out of hull to continent

You could always contact DHL in irongray rd and see if they need anyone? :wink:

Any work in south of Scotland?? and the man said try Hull■■?.

Hmmm theres some jobs going in Gloucester is that close enough :slight_smile::):):):);):slight_smile:

Curries are currently looking for drivers for UK work, days, nights or tramping, and they will give you a chance with no experience. Not too bad firm to work for either,

Jon

Curries are currently looking for drivers for UK work, days, nights or tramping, and they will give you a chance with no experience. Not too bad firm to work for either,

Jon

jammymutt:
Hmmm theres some jobs going in Gloucester is that close enough :slight_smile::):):):);):slight_smile:

Really ■■

First I’ve heard of any :laughing:

btw Curries: currie-european.com/currie_e … /index.htm

kitkat:
You could always contact DHL in irongray rd and see if they need anyone? :wink:

DHL?? Who would work for that mob?? :wink:
Seriously though, thanks for that Jim, I never realised they had a place in Dumfries.

Thanks too for other replies regarding Curries, I will contact them and see what happens.

Now for the house hunting :open_mouth:

Al.

I was in Gloucester Saturday morning and saw ads on a company wall for lorry drivers.

I was at cheltenham and Gloucesters head office picking up my mortgage agreement i shouldn’t have had to but i did and i would recommend that if any of you are wanting a mortgage to use a company with a better communication policy.

Shroudedknight:

Jon

Thats a matter of opinion,if you like your home life forget it,if you like being shafted then apply and don’t say you did not get warned. :wink: :laughing:

jammymutt:
I was in Gloucester Saturday morning and saw ads on a company wall for lorry drivers.

I was at cheltenham and Gloucesters head office picking up my mortgage agreement i shouldn’t have had to but i did and i would recommend that if any of you are wanting a mortgage to use a company with a better communication policy.

Nothing like a pint on a Sunday afternoon hey !!