Good places in Scotland for work?

My wife and I are looking to relocate to Scotland next year but have no where specific in mind.

With the exception of the work around the south side of Glasgow, anyone recommend other towns/cities where trucking jobs are similarly available? We have been considering as far as the Inverness area even.

Open to anywhere that is how open we are to relocation! Class 2 newbie with Class 1 training over this year.

Cheers.

We moved from near London to Glasgow, there seems to be a few depots around larkhall way but the reputation larkhall has isn’t the best, I can only help a little from looking for work as class two.
We love it up here but good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreme0964:
We moved from near London to Glasgow, there seems to be a few depots around larkhall way but the reputation larkhall has isn’t the best, I can only help a little from looking for work as class two.

You got Bellshill, Bathgate, Livingstone, Eurocentral (ind est) Partick, Clydebank…these are areas mostly central belt and not far from Glasgow.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Xtreme0964:

Hole of a place. Stay well clear!

Thanks all - I had heard that it wasn’t great around Glasgow and not my first place for working / living near to. Been considering the other larger towns/cities for that very reason but not saying no until other avenues are closed off if you get what I mean.

Tommy7437:

Xtreme0964:

you will be ok in larkhall if you wear a rangers scarf,( this includes celtic supporters concerned for ther own wellbeing).its a junkie riddles poxhole like most of the central belt,but theres good bits and worse bits no matter where you go,and your handy for bellshill,and east kilbride where theres masses of industry.

I must state that I don’t live in larkhall or paid by them for promotion [emoji23][emoji23]
I don’t think I would live there just because of the rep it has,
I can give you nice areas south of Glasgow and mostly in east Renfrewshire where I live but like I said I can only go by the job vacancies I’ve seen online [emoji3]

dieseldog999:

Tommy7437:

Xtreme0964:

you will be ok in larkhall if you wear a rangers scarf,( this includes celtic supporters concerned for ther own wellbeing).its a junkie riddles poxhole like most of the central belt,but theres good bits and worse bits no matter where you go,and your handy for bellshill,and east kilbride where theres masses of industry.

I lived in Larkhall when I was a kid and it was the same then, they even blocked an Asda store by public outcry because the signage is green…Have you seen the welcome sign in Larkhall? Not sure if it’s still there right enough, where ISIS is mentioned

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyr … 020978.amp

the following may put larkhall into perspective.

a guy is standing looking at the carnage of the world trade centre as the bulldozers and workies are toiling away below…a new york cop comes over and says…where are you from ?..larkhall, comes the answer…cop looks puzzled and says…so what state is that in??..dude looks at the carnage below and replies…something similar to that down there mate…

If your looking around Inverness area, there a few companies with class 2 tipper/animal feed work. Would also say majority of work is obviously in the central belt but like anywhere always pockets of specific work dotted around plenty oil related (may pick up again with decommissioning work etc) in the north east, timber work in the highlands and south and north west etc. Plenty class 2 tipper firms dotted around the country too.

If your looking to get into class 1 work then again depends your preferences, i’d probably say your more likely to get a choice of day work in the central belt where the majority of rdc’s and the like are. Firms further north would probably have more guys on tramping.

Thanks Dave_K, duly noted :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
the following may put larkhall into perspective.

a guy is standing looking at the carnage of the world trade centre as the bulldozers and workies are toiling away below…a new york cop comes over and says…where are you from ?..larkhall, comes the answer…cop looks puzzled and says…so what state is that in??..dude looks at the carnage below and replies…something similar to that down there mate…

You sure you’re not talking about Hull mate? :wink:

All the best up there OP… :smiley: