Merc Arocs radio Aux cable

Does anyone know how do get the aux input working on a poverty spec 2019 Merc radio, please?
The radio/CD head unit has a round headpone type socket, 3.5 mm I think and a normal-sized USB port.
I bought an aux cable, USB type C to USB (for the radio end) but it doesn’t work. Looked in the truck driver’s book but it’s as clear as mud, only mentions what buttons to press but not what the 2 ports actually do.
Do I need a different cable, like headphone socket to a headphone jack perhaps?

Providing you have plugged in the correct cable from your phone/device there is a button on the right, I think it says SRC, this changes the input to aux, and should work.

The button is definately on the right of the radio unit, in that circle bit. I havent driven one for a while so going from memory!

When Ive used it before Ive only ever used the 3.5mm jack as my old phone had a headphone socket so I used a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. Im sure somneone somewhere has a USB C to 3.5mm cable? My new phone has no headphone socket, just a USB C connection.

Edit Found this pic which confirms my memory :slight_smile:

and this link amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Headphon … 9406&psc=1

Swordsy:
0Providing you have plugged in the correct cable from your phone/device there is a button on the right, I think it says SRC, this changes the input to aux, and should work.

The button is definately on the right of the radio unit, in that circle bit. I havent driven one for a while so going from memory!

When Ive used it before Ive only ever used the 3.5mm jack as my old phone had a headphone socket so I used a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. Im sure somneone somewhere has a USB C to 3.5mm cable? My new phone has no headphone socket, just a USB C connection.

Edit Found this pic which confirms my memory :slight_smile:

and this link amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Headphon … 9406&psc=1

Cheers fella, very helpful. think I’ll get myself a type C to 3.5 jack socket cable and try that.

press the src button until you get to “front”, if it says "rear’ press the arrow up.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

jowett1969:
press the src button until you get to “front”, if it says "rear’ press the arrow up.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Cheers!!