Help with VOLVO radio, please

My truck has both an aux and a USB port on the dash. When I plug my Android phone into the USB port, the radio display tells me “unsupported device”. Any ideas on how to get my music from the phone through the radio?

robbiminator:
My truck has both an aux and a USB port on the dash. When I plug my Android phone into the USB port, the radio display tells me “unsupported device”. Any ideas on how to get my music from the phone through the radio?

Easy way is through the headphone jack on your phone to the aux input on your radio using a 3.5mm cable, not sure if there is a way to plug it into the USB and skip tracks that way though.

If it won’t work with USB then try a line in 3.5mm to 3.5mm.

Could try through the bluetooth with pairing but I seem to remember that it only worked with calls, worth a shot though to save on cables

usb is for usb memory sticks. download onto them and it will work

usb won’t support Android, only i-pod or flash drive. As the others have said for music use the 3.5mm plug. Bluetooth only works for calls.

Try using the USB on android. I remember having to do that on my old one.

Using the aux socket would see me fall foul if the law and leave me open to $400 fine plus three points for fiddling with the phone. Will try a flash drive.

robbiminator:
Using the aux socket would see me fall foul if the law and leave me open to $400 fine plus three points for fiddling with the phone. Will try a flash drive.

Only if you mess about with it while driving. I fail to see how this wouldn’t apply through the USB method which you’ve already tried though. :unamused:

I’m sure my Android worked through the USB, BUT it wouldn’t let me control it from the dash - unsupported device - but it played through the stereo if I clicked play on the phone.
Sure it did.

robbiminator:

I had this problem with my phone and car radio once, you have to have your USB connectivity set to the right mode (of two).
iirc has to be set to mass storage mode. Not used it like that for same time so memory has faded :grimacing:

Will give the USB port another go next week. Currently driving a desk, giving the other drivers their runs and giving some of them THE runs. :grimacing:

Have the same issue with DAF radio (el cheapo!) and not found a workable yet. If anyone does…:wink:

Try one of these

amazon.co.uk/VicTsing-Wirele … B00GXZ6NRA

In a nutshell, you connect to this via Bluetooth, effectively making your radio bluetooth and saving the need to wire an Aux cable, which is handy if your phone is in a cradle.