New showers at Leigh Delamere

It’s not very often that I have something positive to say about MSA’s; but credit where it is due, the new showers at Leigh Delamere are a vast improvement. A separate room with four sinks, all with mirrors, two with shaver sockets so no more trying to shave whilst being jostled by idiots in a hurry; and five, yes FIVE shower cubicles. No timer, no handing your keys in, just go and use. And they aren’t those crappy push button ones either but proper mixer showers you can alter the temperature of.They’ve even kept the two in the right of the door as you go in ( this is westbound) I don’t know if they’re intended for ladies but no signs saying so.

Good to see Moto investing at least some of the fortune they must make from lorry parking. Only one slight niggle…there is but one single hook on the back of each door so remember to take your carrier bag with you. A chair or a stool would be nice too, but overall a big step in the right direction.

I went to the main building in South Mimms yesterday and it looked tidy in the gents like they had given it a refresh.

There was a spell when the boiler packed up at home I was using Leigh Delamere showers every morning on the way to work!

Hopefully people will show some respect to the new facility and keep it nice.

Should have locks on them & only be allowed to use them with proof of paying for parking , boiled my ■■■■ when I had to wait for those who are to tight to pay for parking

Moto are upgrading all there service station toilet facilities…and.about time to.

Only slight niggle wish they’d put a shelf or something on shower to hang my shower gel and bits on.
And also a few hooks.
But apart from that the ones Ives used are great powefull and warm

dozy:
Should have locks on them & only be allowed to use them with proof of paying for parking , boiled my ■■■■ when I had to wait for those who are to tight to pay for parking

And what about those taking a 45 minute break are they to be banned too? You are coming across as a knob more and more does it take practise or as I suspect come naturally to you

Mazzer2:

dozy:

And what about those taking a 45 minute break are they to be banned too? You are coming across as a knob more and more does it take practise or as I suspect come naturally to you

What’s a ■■■■■■■ break got to do with it , why should I have to wait for the likes of you who only want to use the services when it’s a free shower / or coffee
■■■■ off somewhere else & leave the showers to those who’ve paid for the privilege of using them & the facilities ,
As for name calling , do you seriously think I’ll loose a mins sleep over you calling me a knob , you kids are pathetic , I grew up with if you don’t like it hit it ,the best lot you can do is Chuck a few words , come back went your out of nappies

I recently used Cherwell valley & Wetherby both moto
Showers and toilets spotless ( well done )
I’m in lymm tonight didn’t use the shower as I am a morning shower person so will be checking them out at about 4.30am but when I was in toilets earlier looked like the showers have had a makeover will let you know .

Mazzer2:
… You are coming across as a knob more and more does it take practise or as I suspect come naturally to you

I guess it comes naturally to anybody who posts in this manner.

There’s no need for this, so please have a read of the forum rules.

dozy:

Mazzer2:

dozy:

What’s a [zb] break got to do with it , why should I have to wait for the likes of you who only want to use the services when it’s a free shower / or coffee
[zb] off somewhere else & leave the showers to those who’ve paid for the privilege of using them & the facilities ,
As for name calling , do you seriously think I’ll loose a mins sleep over you calling me a knob , you kids are pathetic , I grew up with if you don’t like it hit it ,the best lot you can do is Chuck a few words , come back went your out of nappies

Lol your response just proves my point ■■■■■■■■ about another driver taking a shower is pathetic they have as much right to use the services as you, Although looking through your posts you don’t use them as you’re in a lay by. How long in the job and still in lay bys? Think you’re more in need of nappies than anyone else on here due to the lack of facilities where you park

dieseldave:

Mazzer2:
… You are coming across as a knob more and more does it take practise or as I suspect come naturally to you

I guess it comes naturally to anybody who posts in this manner.

There’s no need for this, so please have a read of the forum rules.

Fair enough but to attack other drivers for using a facility that they are perfectly entitled shows the mentality of this person and to be honest sometimes it needs to be pointed out he constantly posts drivel and is a habitual liar in his childlike posts

The new bogs are of a high quality and plenty of them, can’t comment on the showers cos dayman so don’t need them.

However, heading early doors down the M4 couple of weeks ago, probably the 2nd day the new bogs had been open.
Finding a trap that hadn’t been used previously by what one can only imagine was a troop of baboons brought reality home, bits of bog roll strewn about plus the general condition of the pans with faeces spattered liberally about and the inevitable urine on the seats, this was 7am so the cleaners (poor sods) hadn’t got round to cleaning after the overnight zoo :unamused:
You’d think people would appreciate what the MSA have done there, not a bit of it, they’ll be trashed in a matter of months like everything else in this failing country.

Note the motorised traps have gone and traditional flushes are back.

dozy:

Really?

As I mentioned, there are seven mens’ showers on the westbound side, so that should cut the queues down.

Your comment comes across as “dog in the manger” mate. Presumably you think that those of us who don’t get chance to park at MSA’s for various reasons, rarely to do with being too tight, should stink; like your comment and attitude does.

Had my shower in Lymm this morning and yes showers have been upgraded .
Pretty decent to be honest . Didn’t stop some lazy sod leaving his empty shower gel bottle and tooth paste tube on the floor . You reap what you sow I suppose .

yep really nice job at leigh, popped into peterborough last week as well for a shower and was pleasantly surprised by the upgrades there too.
As for using them when not paying for parking, find a job where you dont have to screech into the services on 14hrs 55 shift and 9hrs 55 drive. Pull in, nice little shower, up the road a bit into a nice little industrial estate cul de sac that hasnt got trucks in and out at all hours and a nice pub 5 or 10 mins walk for some decent grub and a couple of pints. Thats what my night out money goes on, not a 10 quid voucher for mc-kfc-bk. Quite often nip into Gloucester services for a shower on the way past, they are very nice too.
Why on earth would anyone want to park overnight in a MSA if they have the choice? Must be doing it wrong I suppose…