Chester services...... shower with a friend!

So, as some of you know, I spend 4-5 nights out a week, and the company prefers us to park up in MSA’s or lorry parks.

Now I could do several hours uninterrrupted on the state of most female showers (if you can find one), and the fact that they tend to get used as a general store cupboard for bins, mops, buckets etc but then I’m sure the men’s aren’t any better! But, this shook me up a bit…

Stopped at Chester MSA this week, and was pleased to discover a shower in the ladies. So I lock the door and get in, taking care to position myself under the strongest drip, when I hear a noise at the door - so I poke my head from behind the curtain and see the lock being turned from the outside - then the door swings open and there’s two blokes standing there! I shout at them to get out and shut the door, and they casually smile and walk away, leaving the door wide open.

Obviously I complain to the one staff member I can find and she says “oh yeah, that’s happened before. It’s the travellers, they think they own the place.” While I’m talking to her, a bloke walks up and she tells him what happened, and he shrugs his shoulders!

Maybe I’m over-reacting, but they knew someone was in there and they had to use a tool of some description to turn the lock from the outside (it had markings on it where they forced it). From what this woman was telling me about the goings on in the gents though - it sounds as bad! Just couldn’t sleep that night - listening to every noise outside the cab - that’s just not right is it?

Yet another reason why I tend to wash in the cab these days, only using showers at customers’ premises (which there are more of than you might think). It’s bloody horrible, but all too common, I’m afraid. You have my wholehearted sympathy.

Oh, and last time I was at Chester it was visibly infested with rats. I won’t be stopping there again - although I appreciate that you may not have much choice. :open_mouth:

I just don’t wash.

Harry Monk:
I just don’t wash.

me neither

me neither,but i can only manage 3 days in the summer. :cry:

cillit bang … cleans everything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Every other day I’ll give my armpits a wipe with a couple of pieces of Bounty and some Windowlene but thats about all unless I find a wash basin mounted low enough to give the old Heezey Chelmet a once-over.

Its a bloody disgrace and you should call the police.

Although I have been embarrased a few times in France when a woman is mopping round your feet as you have a set to in the turks head.

Its nearly as bad as being stood at the urinals and a queue of women stood next to you queuing for the loo :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
Every other day I’ll give my armpits a wipe with a couple of pieces of Bounty and some Windowlene but thats about all unless I find a wash basin mounted low enough to give the old Heezey Chelmet a once-over.

Doesnt the chocolate make a mess on your shirt?

the good thing about the woman mopping up is it dont matter if you miss the target … errr so to speak

grumpybum:
So, as some of you know, I spend 4-5 nights out a week, and the company prefers us to park up in MSA’s or lorry parks.

Now I could do several hours uninterrrupted on the state of most female showers (if you can find one), and the fact that they tend to get used as a general store cupboard for bins, mops, buckets etc but then I’m sure the men’s aren’t any better! But, this shook me up a bit…

Stopped at Chester MSA this week, and was pleased to discover a shower in the ladies. So I lock the door and get in, taking care to position myself under the strongest drip, when I hear a noise at the door - so I poke my head from behind the curtain and see the lock being turned from the outside - then the door swings open and there’s two blokes standing there! I shout at them to get out and shut the door, and they casually smile and walk away, leaving the door wide open.

Obviously I complain to the one staff member I can find and she says “oh yeah, that’s happened before. It’s the travellers, they think they own the place.” While I’m talking to her, a bloke walks up and she tells him what happened, and he shrugs his shoulders!

Maybe I’m over-reacting, but they knew someone was in there and they had to use a tool of some description to turn the lock from the outside (it had markings on it where they forced it). From what this woman was telling me about the goings on in the gents though - it sounds as bad! Just couldn’t sleep that night - listening to every noise outside the cab - that’s just not right is it?

How do Man enter the Ladyshower throug the Ladytoilet :question:

Lovlyperson:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Awww c’mon, too easy. The jokes are just writing them self. :smiley: :smiley:

Sounds like a case of payback, afterall GB you have been known to walk in on a bloke having a shower in the services :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

but as for chester MSA I try not to use it at all costs, after what happened to 1 of the wilkos drivers there, he disturbed some scumbags in the back of the trailer__*__, only to get beaten up for his troubles, then to top it off, while phoning the cops to report the incident, 2 guys approached him and told him they had witnessed the incident, then THEY beat him up and stole his mobile phone FFS

__*__all that was in the back of the trailer was, empty roll cages and rubbish that he was taking back to the depot

Before Chester services was built the place was a picnic area with a snack van. I used to stay there quite often when tipping Stanlow. On a night though it became a gay playground with all the pillow biters meeting their lovers.

I suppose it was a safe place to park though :stuck_out_tongue:

grumpybum:

Your not over-reacting at all. Thats bang out of order and you should report it to the msa owners. Send a few letters to the press as well.
They might have been having a “laugh” or it might have had far more serious undertones.

Lucy:
Yet another reason why I tend to wash in the cab these days, It’s bloody horrible, but all too common, I’m afraid. You have my wholehearted sympathy.

Thanks Lucy - I do often wash in the cab, but it’s nice to have a shower and wash ya hair. You’d think privacy in the shower cubicle was the least you could expect! :unamused:

Lovlyperson:

They just walked straight into the ladies - there was nothing to stop them

peirre:
Sounds like a case of payback, afterall GB you have been known to walk in on a bloke having a shower in the services

True - but it wasn’t in the gents, it was a unisex shower room, he hadn’t locked the door so I didn’t need my tool-kit (nail file, mirror and hairbrush) to get in, and I’m not sure which one of us screamed the loudest :open_mouth: :laughing:

Thanks JB - I will be writing a letter. It may not be a rare occurence, but it’s still wrong!

You have got to complain to the operater of the site, the staff may no wjat is going on but you can bet the owners don’t and whilst you do that send it to a few other places as well, papers and magazines, all i do is have a wash i would never use the showers at a services they are utterly filthy and disgusting, apart from the ones on the M6 toll

I used Hartshead Moor services on the M62 Saturday morning and was well impressed to see they have been refurbed and are now a wetroom carry on with all the modcons…ONLY PROBLEM was that the locks had been removed from both doors :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Anyhow not being the bashful type I wedged a pair of nail clippers under the door and enjoyed the facilities.

Well it was mi fourth shift tramping :unamused:

Joking apart GRUMPYBUM on a more serious note you should complain thats bang out of order.

I am always on mi guard in these places so it must be bloody anoying for you Fem drivers.

Got home Saturday at the same time as mi 17 yr old girl just returning from the Leeds Carling festival ( 4 Days in a field)

and for once I was not the stinkiest member of the family she looked like swampy amd smelt like one :laughing: :laughing:

Ok - letter of complaint written to Roadchef head office. Was going to drop it in personally, but head office is on the M6 toll !

I’ve faxed it too, so they can’t say they didn’t get at least one of them.

I’m sure they’ll be full of concern for a disgruntled lorry driver :unamused:

dont what the answer is but you can see what most folkes are dealing with by the great big steel panels on most toilet walls. think thats why most drivers would rather pee in a layby than a services, they feel safer.