MSA SHOWERS?

Its been a while since I’ve had the pleasure of a MSA shower so was wondering if they still ask for something as a deposit. I remember being asked for my keys at one, it always seemed ridiculous to me that I should hand over the keys to a vehicle with a value of tens of thousands of pounds even when its empty just so I could freshen up at the end of a shift. I did try offering my wallet, which had my licence, bank cards and about £50 cash in it but was told no keys no shower.
Not sure if this is common practice among them all or a rarity as I generally tended to stop in the same ones. Would be interesting to hear your views or stories on the subject.
Stay safe Ladies and Gents, don’t let the ■■■■■■■■ get you down.

As long as the showers are free I don’t see a problem. The girl at WH Smiths is hardly going to run off with your truck whilst you shower, is she?

That aside, I see your point. Lots of them are free, a few ask for “security” and I’ve found one (that I used to use twice a week for a year without ever buying anything for them) that suddenly slapped a lock on the showers and demanded a £3 usage fee!

There is a sign in Cherwell Valley asking folk not to defecate in the shower!

The last two I’ve attempted to use have already had a “deposit” left in them! :imp:

Yeah, that’s disgusting and if you paid for overnight parking you should demand your money back. Most are ok, a few are better than my shower at home!

i have a set of keys from a scrap yard just for this situation.

Leicester forest 5am freezing cold shower niceee , especially after paying £21 to park

Smoggie89:
Leicester forest 5am freezing cold shower niceee , especially after paying £21 to park

Do you complain■■?

Ive started to ring the moto number and writing on moto`s facebook page. Yes I know you where at welcome break, but mass complains. Not to the silly shop assistant who has heard it a millon times.

I take photos and will be starting my own facebook soon. Name and shame with pictures!!!

Dan Punchard:
i have a set of keys from a scrap yard just for this situation.

2nd that. Never give them the real one!!!

Sedgemoor north ask for keys but exeter and tibshelf south dont, best showers found so far used to be fleet services but been 18 months since have stopped there.

the maoster:
The last two I’ve attempted to use have already had a “deposit” left in them! :imp:

This surely is almost as bad as the thread about the ■■■■ in the bag behind the seat. What filthy moron would ■■■■ in a shower stall■■? Who are these people??

Vvvvv

bazza123:
What filthy moron would [zb] in a shower stall■■? Who are these people??

The ones who are completely full of zb…!:lol:

bazza123:

the maoster:

This surely is almost as bad as the thread about the [zb] in the bag behind the seat. What filthy moron would [zb] in a shower stall■■? Who are these people??

At the risk of getting this thread locked, what I found at Blyth services can only be described as “man issue”! The previous owner either had cojones like an elephant or he’d been away for a while! As we all know :blush: it goes like silly string when water is added. Not good.

I’m just happy that I always wear flip flops and discovered it in time, otherwise I’d have been hacking my feet off with my nail clippers! :imp:

A walnut whippy left in the shower is a bad start to the day.

At the risk of getting this thread locked, what I found at Blyth services can only be described as “man issue”! The previous owner either had cojones like an elephant or he’d been away for a while! As we all know :blush: it goes like silly string when water is added. Not good.

I’m just happy that I always wear flip flops and discovered it in time, otherwise I’d have been hacking my feet off with my nail clippers! :imp:

Oops, sorry about that, it had been a long trip :blush:

I’ve found a lot of the MOTO ones are now brand new and very smart…For now! Beaconsfield are free, at Warwick you hand in the keys and they are not too bad.

Ok, slightly off topic but back in September at Doncaster services , I was walking back to my cab after a shower and bite to eat and what I saw , I couldn’t believe,

Johnny Foreigner at back of tractor unit squatting under trailer leaving his mark, the guy didn’t even bat an eye lid when I looked at him.

People behaving like this is caveman stuff

I have the answer! Why not put a toilet in the shower room - like the Total Services and many others do in France? You also get a wash basin, mirror and seat to sit on and put your socks on but you pay 2 euro and they are generally very clean and not vandalised.

finlays-dad:
Ok, slightly off topic but back in September at Doncaster services , I was walking back to my cab after a shower and bite to eat and what I saw , I couldn’t believe,

Johnny Foreigner at back of tractor unit squatting under trailer leaving his mark, the guy didn’t even bat an eye lid when I looked at him. People behaving like this is caveman stuff

What can you say :unamused: :laughing: I’m sure even in the days of horses and carts they went off into some woods to do their ablutions. Also I don’t understand people who vandalise toilets. I don’t mean scratching tags into doors etc, I mean people ripping out sinks and nicking door fittings. I mean who wants to put a door lock from a services bog door, touched with ■■■■■■ paws from thousands of people, on their karzy at home? Also, people who wipe ■■■■ up the stall walls etc. We went to a certain forest based holiday venue in the UK ( :wink: ) last year, in one of the changing rooms a woman had plonked a ■■■■■■ nappy on the bench you sit on to put ur your socks on :unamused: :laughing: , I never sit down now

Having said that, a true story, I knew a bloke who’s dad was a dustman, when he need to have his first shave, instead of his dad buying him a new razor, he nicked one off the tip :open_mouth:

There are some funny people out there.